PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old June 7th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #1
tewlvtone

Storefronts

Hi,

After browsing the web for a few weeks... PP Classifieds has shown the most promise.

I would just like to ask a question regarding storefront setups.

Is that possible... or will it be made possible in a future release.

For the fact that this app offers ebay style sales whether it be fixed price or bidding... I was thinking that it would be cool if visitors could setup shop and sell things regularly, just like ebay.

Apparently, I came across a script that did something like that... but I can't recall which one. It was some ridiculous price, so I didn't bother bookmarking it.

Anyway, just asking...

Thanks in advance!
tewlvtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

What do you mean by storefront setups? Classifieds will surely evolve although it is not ebay software and will probally never be exactly like that since that is a propriotery software. The payment system has changed to incorporate additional features over time.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #3
GateKeeper
Verified Customer

Store Fronts

The concept of a store front allows other users to sell their items as a subset of the whole site. The link "Ads by this Seller" gives a sense of a store front, but the Store Front would incorporate more features to allow the site owner to charge differently for store front owners than regular posters. Along with the store front would be features that allow the store front owner to have their logo, create their own categories within their store front, etc. It's a bit like the "site" = "the mall" and the "store front" = "a shop in the mall". IMHO
GateKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #4
tewlvtone

Everything that GateKeeper mentioned is what I was thinking. I am looking to create a web presence where more frequent posters can have the option to create their own selling presence as a subset of the classifieds site that I am offering services through. The analogy of having the "site" = "the mall" and the "store front" = "a shop in the mall" is what I was expressing.

For the fact that we can customize PP Classifieds to revolve around a specific niche market; eg. Bicycles... I was thinking that it would be cool for those who actually have more to sell than one bike, but rather customized bikes on order... they could register and upgrade to the use of a store front from which visitors can visit them in a specific location to purchase and order customized bikes, etc.

Just a thought... I hope I haven't sounded too far fetched.
tewlvtone is offline   Reply With Quote