PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Show off your PhotoPost site!

Show off your PhotoPost site! Post about your site, get feedback and see how others use our products.

Old May 29th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #1
GateKeeper
Verified Customer

Thumbs up A variation to PhotoPost Review

We had a unique requirement for posting a lot of "static" resort information and then allowing users to comment on that data. With a little help of some automation software, we were able to load all of the resort information in about 2 days . What we have now is a complete list of timeshare resorts for everyone to submit comments on, describe their experience at that resort, or just rant and rave as the situation fits.
Stop by and have a look at our vBAdvanced CMPS enabled vBulletin forum idisplaying random images from ReviewPost. We've hacked the links and alt tags a bit to suit, but you'll get the gist.
Gatekeeper
GateKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #2
cryptkeeper
Verified Customer

saw your site a few weeks ago before (i think) it was populated. looks great dude! I would, however, suggest removing that text-to-speech lady on the registration page, it's really annonying! hehe
cryptkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #3
GateKeeper
Verified Customer

Thankks for that!

I dressed her myself! I'm deeply hurt!
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM   #4
k2504
Verified Customer

Very nice!!! You have done a great job! I have a similar site and will be attempting a resort review section out of Reviewpost.... wish me luck.
k2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 12:09 AM   #5
GateKeeper
Verified Customer

Thank for that, too!

I appreciate the feedback. Another resort review site!? Good luck. I have a friend that had a contest on his site, the grand prize was a Jaguar. The contest, submit a review, win a Jag. It was an affiliate type contest, so everyone that submitted a review got their name thrown into a bigger "bucket" along with other participants from other avenues (not just resort reviews from this guy's site). Guess how many reviews he got? 8. So GOOD LUCK! The likes of Tripadvisor, Yahoo, eBay, Hotels.com, Expedia, TUG, etc have the travelers all locked up. We've had this site open for about 16 months, and resorts available for review since late September. We have 43 reviews so far. That's 1% of the resorts in the database, and some resorts have multiple reviews, so it's not even spread out evenly.
We really need an SEO'd script. But that's for another day.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:23 PM   #6
k2504
Verified Customer

ya, no worries here, we've been around since 2002, and a totally different avenue than tripadvisor. Although there are hundreds of links from them to us by their viewers. Our new phpbb forums was launched in October 2005 and we already have 7000 members with 40000 posts. Tons of reviews over 14,000 pics, 100's of movies, VT, average 3-4000 viewers a day, site size 15Gb and 150,000Gb BW etc. Not crared of the big boys, we will be fine. I think that the addition of this software will really add a new demention to our website. The biggest problem with our site is that users could only input via email. A ton of work for me and a long time delay. Photopost will make my life easier and make the site more fun for our members. I'll post the link after I purchace. Cheers
Old June 3rd, 2006, 07:31 PM   #7
GateKeeper
Verified Customer

What is your site?

Surely we can appreciate such an appreciable growth and user base without having to see it with PhotoPost? Very interested in what you have either way!
Old June 4th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #8
k2504
Verified Customer

Well, I think that a site can reach a plateau as a resource, but our users have become a community meeting that the resorts and having gatherings and parties. In a community as such, I believe that it will grow rapidly as user have more powers. Photopost nd photo review will intergrate nicely with my phpbb forums and only make things better. But I am still looking for a blog software that will intergrate with this bundle too. The last think I want is for members to have to constantly be loging in and loging out of my many applications. Blogs and the my space idea creat day visits by the members. That's why I when I saw the blog application built by Micheal (Programer on this site) that intergrates with photo post, I was sold. I just praying that it becomes a stand alone software with more features. It would just be a nice piece to my puzzel. Your site has great potential and I like what you have done. Cheers
Old June 4th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #9
k2504
Verified Customer

oops, sorry, missed your question. The site has over 20 domains, but here is one http://www.riubambu.com (Don't get lost) lol, let me know your thoughts and ideas. Cheers.
Old June 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #10
GateKeeper
Verified Customer

20 Domains? What's that all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2504
oops, sorry, missed your question. The site has over 20 domains, but here is one http://www.riubambu.com (Don't get lost) lol, let me know your thoughts and ideas. Cheers.
You should list them all here, so we can really get lost!!!
Old June 5th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #11
k2504
Verified Customer

Ya, the different domains are just a traffic thing. Keeps me up on Google etc. Cheers. Rusty