PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:31 PM   #1
bhuwan

is vBGallery dead?

i remember when i bought PhotoPost vbGallery through email they kept talking about how they are working on integrating this proudct into their purcahse system.

6 months later it still isn't done. Did Photopost purchase vB Advanced Gallery to let it die?
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I don't think we are letting it die. Personally there have been two updates to it since we aquired it on November 21, 2005. Both 1.02 and 1.03 have been released fixing bugs that existed in the code prior to our ownership plus a few minor tweaks to the code.

I know it is not listed on our site but there is a sticky in the before your buy forum on how to purchase it. There are specific factors that need to dealt with before it is listed on our site. To date these have not been completed due to circumstances. Right now it is listed for sale at $59.00 and once we do place it in our cart system the price will go up.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:32 PM   #3
PhoenixDown21

Is there some kind of product roadmap for vbgallery so we can salivate over things to come?
Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Not to my knowledge. Ideas have been tossed around but until we decide on exact additions or get close to a true beta user's can test the releases so far have been bug fixes.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:47 PM   #5
DementedMindz
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S
I don't think we are letting it die. Personally there have been two updates to it since we aquired it on November 21, 2005. Both 1.02 and 1.03 have been released fixing bugs that existed in the code prior to our ownership plus a few minor tweaks to the code.

where is the version 1.03 at? all i have it 1.02 and thats the same as in the members area...
Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Sorry yes 1.03 is ready bug fix but we have not released yet. I thought this was already done. That should be out shortly.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:58 PM   #7
DementedMindz
Verified Customer

nice and thanks for such a fast reply chuck...
Old June 4th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #8
Zachery
Ultimate Member

Most likely, you guys haven't done much to make vB only version of your gallery readily avaible, nor feature it at _all_ on your website.
Old June 5th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #9
DementedMindz
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachery
Most likely, you guys haven't done much to make vB only version of your gallery readily avaible, nor feature it at _all_ on your website.
what are you talking about? i just asked where is the version 1.03 at cause i didnt see it... your response lost me...
Old June 5th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #10
klaush
Verified Customer

Well, i think, a release to 1.03 is not the important thing we are waiting for.

We paid for the current version a price and we knew what we got for this price. That´s one thing.

The other thing is, sorry for to have to say this, that here is no or just only a few few information bout what´s going on to vbGallery.

Zach is doing a good job. But is he the only one?

And that is bad even for boards with photographical content and an even big gallery.

So if we should pay a price for an update and for further developement of this script nobody would kill his dog for that.

But i am tired of waiting for details of what will happen to VBGallery in future!

If we decide to switch to another gallery it will not be Photopost, and i think most of the vBGallery users are on the same way to look for an alternate gallery not on www.photopst.com.

Just my 2 cents...

Greetings

Klaus
Old June 5th, 2006, 10:38 AM   #11
Ramses
Verified Customer

I think the real point is, pp want to sell more copies of the "old" products instead of the vbgallery because it's better for the business at all.
Thats the only reason I can imagine why the vbgallery is only sold "hidden".
Business rules the world
Old June 5th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You may speculate as the the reasons surely why vbGallery is not on our site yet. For the record our comment has been this in the past months. We will not list vbgallery on our online store until such time as the owner of the company has time to write up a true feature comparison between Photopost and vbGallery. The price of vbGallery will go up once it is placed in our online store as we have clearly stated. We are not hidding anything here. There is a sticky thread clearly labeled how to purchase vbGallery in the Before you Buy forum. It would clearly cause more confusion listing both products in there without a true feature comparison. People would be buying the wrong product thinking vbGallery is Photopost. There are reasons this has not been done yet and the least of which would be its better for business. If we are going to raise the price one it is listed in our store it this point is negated.

We have consistently supported vbGallery software owners and even released an update to the software and soon to be released another. This clearly shows we are moving forward with the product. Let's face it the product itself is relatively young with the first GOLD release in April 2005 by vbadvanced. We have worked on releasing two releases on this product and it is only a year old.

We have 4 products to support and work on and write which is time consuming. Some things to look forward to in future releases of Photopost and vbGallery would be tighter use of the AJAX system in vbulletin as tigher integration standards all around. Aside from that there are other ideas rolling around like including things customers want that now can only be achieved by doing hacks.

Old June 8th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #13
Zachery
Ultimate Member

You've had about 6 months now, surely that is enough time? If its not maybe you should think about hiring a technical writer to do just that. If you really were moving forward with the product it would be live on your site and avaible for easy purchase. In my personal opinion you are just stalling and hoping that no one will keep bringing subjects like this up.
Old June 8th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #14
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Zachery,

Everyone is entitled to there options for sure. vBGallery is easily available for purchase as stated above. I do not handle the website side of the business but I know there have been factors that have delayed work in this area is all I can say. Without knowing the whole story everything else here is speculation.

Old June 8th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #15
0ptima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S
Zachery,

Everyone is entitled to there options for sure. vBGallery is easily available for purchase as stated above.

Every month I see threads on various websites where people are looking to buy VBgallery. Why are there are so many hurdles to get info and to buy this product? it just seems like the only people that care about this product is the old VBA team that you employ.
Old June 8th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #16
Zachariah

Send a message via ICQ to Zachariah Send a message via AIM to Zachariah Send a message via MSN to Zachariah Send a message via Skype™ to Zachariah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ptima
It just seems like the only people that care about this product is the old VBA team that you employ.
I was never on the VBA team, I was a customer of Brianís @ (vbadvanced.com).
Old June 8th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #17
0ptima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariah
I was never on the VBA team, I was a customer of Brianís @ (vbadvanced.com).
You're doing a great job too.
Old June 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #18
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The Before You Buy forum clearly has a sticky thread How to purchase vbgallery so its not really that hard

http://www.photopost.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64

Old June 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #19
KW802
Verified Customer

To give a little insight...

The 'public face' of PhotoPost, the guys you see posting in the forums, are not the same team responsible for putting the products on the ordering page. One of the first things I realized when joining the PP team is that the PP organization is a lot bigger then what most people realize from browsing these forums. What that means is that when Chuck or Michael mention that they themselves can't put the product on the ordering page then they are telling you the truth.

We know that everybody really wants to see vBGallery up on the ordering page instead of the current manual process but it is not something we are in in a position to change. And, before anybody asks, yes... As the lone vBa refugee of the group I have also had some private communications with those higher up on the totem pole about this subject. All I can say is that the PP management has every intention of adding vBGallery to the ordering page at some point and that the product will continue to be fully supported & developed. But (there's always a but)... for now the manual ordering process is the current solution for purchasing a new license.

(Besides, be careful what you wish for... it's already been stated that when vBGallery does get listed on the ordering page the price will be going up! )
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #20
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I continue to find it amazing what people will harp on; if you are already a customer, you have seen a couple updates to the product and more are in the pipeline. If you are not a customer, you've been given a way to buy the product at the same price you could in the past in the same manner as in the past (via PayPal, which is not an option with PhotoPost PRO).

PhotoPost has not abandoned vBGallery, nor is it declared "dead" - save your drama for the .org; you have a dedicated support staff here, development is ongoing and you can easily purchase the product in the very same manner you could a year ago - moving it to the store is a non-issue; once it's there I have no doubt you'll find something else to complain about (like the price increase), but in the meantime this subject is itself dead.