PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.63 average. Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #1
k2504
Verified Customer

Any ETA on the Blog software?

Hi there, Is there any estimated release date for the blog software?
The one that was posted at this link in a previous thread in July of last year.

http://www.extremefitness.com/blog/index.php

I am quite interested in it. Just checking to see if it's still a work in progress or if you dumped the idea. Cheers. Rusty
k2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #2
k2504
Verified Customer

PS, I will be buying the Photopost, the Debranding, and the instalation services, but would like to add the Blogger to that. Real need one and yours seems to intergrate quite nicely. It is so hard to find good Bloggers that intergrate with this and phpBB. All 4 above would make a great bundle. Thanks.
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:09 AM   #3
k2504
Verified Customer

hmmmm Well, no responces. I quess that it's a no go. It's just so hard to find a blog software that will intergrate with with a photo gallery software and a phpbb forum. Lots of great stand alone software out there, but without intergration, it makes a chopped up site. Anyway, I'm still interested in some blog software for my site that will intergrate with PhotoPost and phpBB. Cheers and thanks for your help.
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:17 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Sorry just getting things back in gear after the holiday. No we do not sell a blogging software at this present time. I beleive the link you are posting is off the developers personal site where he has created such an application in his spare time for his own personal use.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:19 AM   #5
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Sorry about that, when I first was working on it I thought we might turn it into a commercial product; but after getting it working for my site my time was pulled in alot of other directions. I don't know when or even if this will see an actual release as it would need a bit of work to be in distributable form.
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:08 AM   #6
k2504
Verified Customer

Thanks for your responces. It would be a really great product!! Members could stay logged in and bounce between Blogs, Photos and Forums. It would make a great user site. Good luck!! Cheers
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:18 AM   #7
Sola

Would be nice to see - and I have all your products!
Sola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:31 AM   #8
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I think it has potential as well; however, it's an issue of time right now. There is still alot of PP code in there, some of it not even used. Going through it to clean it up and make it its own product would be a bit of work. My users seem to be enjoying them and getting use out of it, but making it into a distributible form is no small task.
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:21 AM   #9
k2504
Verified Customer

It's kinda funny to see that every forum that I go to, the same question is every where, weather it's a phpbb mod forum, or any of the blog software forms, there are hundreds of people asking the same question. "How do I intergrate my blog with my forum". And the answers are all the same...... "you can't". Well, If you get this going, you will be the first!! And I will be your first customer And the answer to everyones problem would be here!! The blog thing seems to be the "in thing" and it would be a great way to promote photopost. Good luck. Cheers
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:31 AM   #10
GateKeeper
Verified Customer

Keep the links consistent

If you go the blog route, please try to keep the links to all the pages the same. One of the hot items of blogs is the "SEO effect". If different URLs point to the same content, both URLs get dinged.
Cheers,
GateKeeper
GateKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote