PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:07 PM   #1
ipscone

Everything's Blank after NEW install

I am using vBulletin 3.5.3 and have just installed the latest PhotoPost 5.3. Everything went smooth but after the install all I get is a blank page for either the main photopost page and the admin page.

I had the same problem when I installed this on another site, about 6 months ago but don't recall what the problem was.

The install went without any problems but I checked that my paths are correct in config.php. I also was very careful to make sure all the CHMOD values were right for the folders.

I'm integrating this with VB3 styles. But I'm a bit put off by this whole process. Looking at others, this is a problem that has been around for a couple of years and still isn't fixed. What's up? I have read the "similar threads" below and they don't help.

Why the blank page? What's the solution to fix it?

Last edited by ipscone; April 23rd, 2006 at 08:36 PM.
ipscone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:51 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Do you have a url that we can see?

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM   #3
ipscone

The site is:

http://www.arrowcache.com/photopost/

I have another site that uses the same phpPoral and vBulletin and PhotoPost. That forum was setup about 6 months ago. It uses a slightly older version of all three pieces of software but I have checked all the config and include files and they are all the same, except for the domain.

This is the other is the working site:
http://www.msdsite.com/photopost/index.php

I have set this one up with vB3 integration and am trying to set the other up the same way. But my arrowcache site has the same blank page that the msdsite did, when I first installed it.

But I had the same problem, when I first installed that other site also.

My config-int.php file has
Quote:
define(VB3_INTEGRATION, 'on');
define(VB3_ENHANCEDINT, 'on');
define(VB3_COMMWYSIWYG, 'on');

and

define(VB2_INTEGRATION, 'off');

and

define(VBP2_INTEGRATION, 'off');
This is the same way I have it on the working site. Now, one thing I wonder about is where in any of the PP tables, the style ID might be kept. My forums all use style ID # 4 as default. Is this info stored in any PP_ tables? I can't find it, if it is. I have had blank pages on my portal, when the default is set to 0 and this might be the same problem.

This is really getting frustrating. vBulletin installed flawlessly. vbPortal installed flawlessly. But both times PhotoPost had blank pages and there are very may others that see blank pages.

Last edited by ipscone; April 23rd, 2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipscone
Now, one thing I wonder about is where in any of the PP tables, the style ID might be kept. My forums all use style ID # 4 as default. Is this info stored in any PP_ tables? I can't find it, if it is. I have had blank pages on my portal, when the default is set to 0 and this might be the same problem.
We do not store the styleid anywhere. We simply pull the styleid thats default when vb header is loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipscone
This is really getting frustrating. vBulletin installed flawlessly. vbPortal installed flawlessly. But both times PhotoPost had blank pages and there are very may others that see blank pages.
I understand its frustrating but this usually comes down to one or two issues all with installation error on user part. The most common is of course specifying the incorrect server path to the forum on install in the last step of install as shown by countless threads here. The next most uncommon is users not uploading all the appropriate files. That though is very rare indeed. The tricky part here is when you occasionally have a site that throws no errors like yours with just this blank page it does not tell us much here. So let's do some simple tests.

Do me a favor and tell me what happens if you set all these off and just double check that none of the others for vbportal etc are not set to on either.

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old April 24th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #5
ipscone

I assume you mean all these defines
Quote:
define(VB3_INTEGRATION, 'on');
define(VB3_ENHANCEDINT, 'on');
define(VB3_COMMWYSIWYG, 'on');
If I set them all to off, I see a text only version of photopost. vB2 and vBP are also set to OFF.

Now, I click the Admin link and try to log on but all of my logins are rejected with "Invalid login. Please check your username and password, or register."

I have double-checked all the path information against what vBulletin uses and it's good. And these logins work with vBulletin.

Does this help?

Update: Re: the invalid login. If I turn all of these off, doesn't it make sense that I wouldn't be able to login, since I am using the vBulletin user registration?

Also, I have PhotoPost running on my other site, which uses the same servers and such on the same web host. I compared the config files and they seem the same, except for the domain and specific database.

Last edited by ipscone; April 24th, 2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old April 24th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay turning off the variables tells me your issue explicitly

On the last step of install the server path to your vbulletin forum was entered incorrectly.

Here is the solution(s)

Now you can reinstall and enter all the proper info or you can do this

Edit config-int.php file and place the proper server path to vbulletin in the $vbpath variable.

As far as login there is two variables that are crutial for proper login with vb3. You must edit your config-inc.php file and make sure the $vblicense variable has your proper vblicense in there not customer number. You can find both the license number and cookie prefix in the config.php file of vbulletin in there includes directory.

Next the default cookie prefix is bb but you should have entered cookie prefix on install where asked. You can issue a query on the database to update it if you like to get into admin if it was entered incorrectly.

UPDATE pp_settings SET setting='bb' WHERE id=172

If these are corrected you should be in working order.

Old April 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #7
ipscone

Duh! I checked and rechecked the fourm path and it was right, right up to the point you told me it was wrong!

I looked again and had .../photopost/forums instead of .../forums. Stuck that pesky photopost in the wrong place.

With regards to the login, the "setting" was blank. I inserted "bb" and it works fine now.

Thanks,
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #8
ipscone

One other minor question. If you go to my photopost site, you will see one of the descriptions has a backslash in front of the apostrophe.

Can that be corrected so that one can use apostrophes without seeing the slash?
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:41 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Have you tried editing the description in edit categories in admin and removing the slash and saving?

Reason I ask is we typecast those variables so a slash should not be added so try removing it and see what happens.

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.

Old April 24th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #10
ipscone

Well that did the trick but it requires the two step approach. I didn't insert the \ in the first place. The photopost software did. I just typed it like I wanted it, while editing categories and it was added.

Oh well! At least I know how to get rid of it, if it happens again.