PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old April 21st, 2006, 02:11 PM   #1
greggish

Ability to sort by most comments in PhotoPost

I noticed this feature is missing in PhotoPost but is available in vBGallery "Top Replied To Posts". Is there a way to mod this into PhotPost and will this feature be included in the next version? I would rather get PP over vBGallery but this feature is important to me.

Last edited by greggish; April 21st, 2006 at 02:31 PM.
greggish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Photopost does not have a specific sort by MOST COMMENTS sort no. That would be because we so not have a specific column that tracks how many comments are on a particular photo in the photos table to sort by.

There is a sort by last comment to show latest comments descending.

You may ask modifications questions in the mod forums on how to achieve something like this.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 04:57 PM   #3
greggish

Ok. Thanks for the info. But, I also asked if this feature may be added to the next version. Do you have any idea on that? Thanks again.
Old April 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

I would not be able to say whether this would be something in the next build or not. There never is a definative answer on what will or will not be included in new builds on most software. The cycle works like this here and for most companies.

Basically there is no active beta on Photopost currently but once a beta opens the developer looks at our suggestions forum for ideas of what customers want by suggestions they give. He may also have some ideas of his own. He then prioritizes the list and figure out what is feasible and in what order things fall and begins working on the code. In every cycle some things get added some things do not.

As far as what your looking to do you could easily modify the code to do this with some code additions and a new sort. Basically as simple as adding a new mysql field to the photos table and a query in comments.php file when a comment is added to up the count in the new mysql field. You can then add a sort to the sort table to order by that column.

Our reviewpost product does not have a specific sort by max review sort but it has the max review field in the table so you can sort by it if you add a new sort to the sort column example here. See how it shows how many reviews each product has.

http://www.reeftalk.com/reviews/showcat.php?cat=36

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 05:47 PM   #5
greggish

It's good to know that this would not be a difficult thing to mod in. I'm interested in using PhotoPost for a video gallery, and most of the popular ones like YouTube allow you to sort by "Most Discussed". Thanks for the info on what would be needed to accomplish this.