PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old April 6th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #1
brihan

Auto compress/size file & spaces in file name.

Hi,

I read through the forum trying to read up on Photo Post but I have a few more questions that I didn't see answers to.

Can the admin set a .jpg compression level and pixel size that will automatically size and compress an uploaded photo?

A big problem I have with an older photo program on an older version of UBB is that users upload photo files that have spaces in the file name. This will not display. Will your program rename or remove spaces from a file name so this is not an issue?

I am looking to use Photo Post with vBulletin. Will users upload their photos normally as they would in a post AND this program creates a photo gallery with all the uploaded photos as well?

Thank you.

Brian
brihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

You may in photopost set a max height and width for an image as well as the quality setting to use when uploading photos and the processor will compress the files on upload to the settings you specify. You may also make a medium image as well if you like your larger settings a bit larger and open the large in a popup. Of course you can also specify the thumbnail size as well

Photopost will rename filenames with spaces like so Image 1.jpg to Image_1.jpg

Photopost is a photo gallery and as such all photos are uploaded to the gallery a user can link them in there posts but you do not use the vbulletin attachment feature to upload a photo to photopost.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote