PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old March 10th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Pauline Kenny
Verified Customer

What counts as a view on a photo?

One of our members is wondering what counts as view of a photo? I'm curious also. She recently uploaded some photos into an album and has seen quite some variation between the views on the photos in her album.

I did some testing with an album. I can't seem to determine a pattern. I have seen the number inconsistently increase between 1-3. BTW, we have photo view caching set to no and most of our users have their photos in albums.

What I have seen is the count jump by 3 when you go into an album, click on a thumbnail, display a picture, then click on the breadcrumb to go back to the album. But then if you repeat it and click on the same picture and then the breadcrumb back to the album, the number of views may only jump by one. Or it may jump by two.

Our site isn't that busy so I don't think there would be more than one person viewing a specific photo at once to account for the 3 views. Especially since some of the pictures I was checking only had 5 views and they suddenly started jumping by 3 when I was testing. Or is there some other explanation?

Thanks!
Pauline Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

When someone views a photo that counts as a view. If you refresh your page that would be another view.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Pauline Kenny
Verified Customer

Thanks. That is what I would expect but it seems like something else is counting as a view.

Right now, there is one other person viewing our site. If I go into an album such as this one. Note the count on the first photo. Click the photo to display. Then click on the 'lamb roast' breadcrumb to go back to the album gallery. My count increases by 3. Then I try it again and it only increases by 1. I expect it to only increase by 1. I'm seeing similar inconsistent count increases by clicking other photos in the gallery. It varies from 1-3 for the first view of a picture.
Old March 11th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I dont see that. If I click on your link view the first photo which had 270 views and then go back to the gallery view the views are 271

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #5
Pauline Kenny
Verified Customer

Strange. I'm not seeing it now either. Most everything is increasing as I expect although it does jump strangely at time. If I get a consistent pattern, I'll report back.