Not sure where the problem lays with this one - VB or PP....
A couple of days ago I upgraded vB from 3.09 to 3.52 with PP 5.21 in place - anyway - I just noticed when posting or editing comments to a photo while in the Gallery - URL's are showing up like this when clicked on(example):
They display on screen correctly, it's just when you hover over and then click them that it shows the incorrect URL syntax. It's fine when posting a regular vB based message in the forum - it's just when in the Gallery and using the PP editor this behaviour is exhibited.
It applies to any URL not just this one - it was working prior to the upgrade to vB 352 - so am wondering if there's a file or template I need to tweak somwhere?
Other than this issue, it's been smooth sailing with both vB and PP.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by funkmiester; December 16th, 2005 at 02:08 AM.
Ahh, ok Here is a link with an example (see the second post, which has a URL link in it).
Also, one other oddity with this - is if you click the link in IE, you get a 'The page cannot be displayed' error - which is what you'd expect, but when you click it when running FireFox, it takes you to 'microsoft.com'!! Not sure why?!?!
As I mentioned earlier, all was working good prior to the 3.52 upgrade.
Last edited by funkmiester; December 16th, 2005 at 09:23 AM.
Hi - no, I went through every scenario before posting here
The editor prefills the http:// piece and I just paste over that with the full URL. It displays fine on screen, but when hovering and clicking shows the incorrect syntax. I then tried again and left the default http:// piece in and then typed in the relevant URL minus the http:// part (using the pre-filled instead) and still the same.
Actually, you can bypass the editor's "insert link" wizard all together and just paste or type in a URL in the message editor box and it still produces this incorrect syntax issue.
Last edited by funkmiester; December 16th, 2005 at 10:18 AM.
No Chuck - the same problem exists on your site too - place the cursor over the link or just click on it and see what happens! As I said earlier, it displays on the screen just fine, it's when you hover or click when you see the different syntax.
This is what I get when I click on it on my site as well as your site: