PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old December 15th, 2005, 10:51 AM   #1
pharry
Verified Customer

Users keep getting logged out

Ever since upgrading to the lastest photopost, we're having problems with staying logged in. It's almost like there is a timer that logs us off. I'm seeing a couple of types of problems:
- going from our forums (phpbb) to the gallery, the user is not logged into the gallery anymore. (But go back to the forums, and the user is still logged on in the forums.) When we go back and forth between the two, we frequently have to log back into the gallery.

- Log in, type in comments to an image, click submit, and find you're not logged in anymore, and the comments weren't accepted.

The first one above is by far the most common. And is very annoying!

Help!

http://www.apeekintoyesterday.com/photopost/index.php
pharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Ensure both the forum and photopost are set to these cookie settings

cookie path /

cookie prefix phpbb2mysql

cookie domain .apeekintoyesterday.com

As far as logging into phpbb2 make sure users are checking to be remembered. IE cookied

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #3
pharry
Verified Customer

Those settings were the same in both places. But I did find a "session length" on phpbb that was set to 900 (seconds). I changed this to 99999. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, though, since it seems to be photopost where was are logged out most frequently.
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Photopost uses cookies not sessions.

You need to ensure users are checking the remember me box in phpbb login if they are to be cookied in.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #5
pharry
Verified Customer

Yes, we are checking the remember me option. I've had the logon problems as well, and I know I have mine checked. I've also been logged into photopost, typed in my comments, only to find out that I was no longer logged in.

Is there anything on the server side or network that could cause this? The problem just started occurring after the photopost upgrade. But now that I think about it, we did that upgrade a day or so after we changed servers.
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I seem to be logged in fine at your site. I registered a username and have gone back and forth

I have viewed just about every script and gone back and forth and am logged in continuously

Old December 15th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #7
pharry
Verified Customer

It's not consistent, which I why I'm wondering if it could be something other than a setting somewhere. A server issue maybe? Early this morning I had the problem over and over again, as did several other board members. But since about noon, it hasn't happened again.
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #8
pharry
Verified Customer

Here is a thread I started several days ago hoping to get some clues. If you can, read this and see if anything jumps out at you:

http://www.apeekintoyesterday.com/sc...=5567&start=10
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Harry cookies are stored on a user's computer not the server so unless there is some other software on their computer deleting cookies I really can not guess anything else. It would not have anything to do with the server or Photopost or the forum that I can see.

The programs are synced and the login seems to work. Both are set to this

cookie path /

cookie prefix phpbb2mysql

cookie domain .apeekintoyesterday.com

Old December 21st, 2005, 09:06 AM   #10
taveren
Verified Customer

I have this same problem actually. It started immediately after upgrading phpBB to 2.0.18. After a length of time, I will no longer be logged into photopost and have to click on my forum link, then back into my gallery to get logged back in. I do not have to actually login again, just browse the forums. Very strange.
taveren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:12 AM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well you simply need to make sure the cookie is created. I know we do not work with sessions at all.

Old December 21st, 2005, 09:42 AM   #12
pharry
Verified Customer

Just so you know, we continue to have this problem. Configuration appears to be correct, everyone (myself included) reports that they have "remember me" checked. I've finally told them that I simply don't know what the problem is, so they will just have to keep logging back on. Not the answer I want to give, obviously, but I've reached a dead-end with trying to figure out what the cause is.
Old December 21st, 2005, 12:49 PM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

what is your session timeout set to in phpbb?

Old December 21st, 2005, 12:56 PM   #14
pharry
Verified Customer

It's 99999
Old December 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

try setting it back to the phpbb default. I can not tell you what that is but phpbb support forums can.

Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:51 AM   #16
Venturous
Verified Customer

I am too having the same problem with phpBB2 2.018. Had no issues whatsoever with users getting logged out until I installed PP Pro. Your cookie coding is obviously buggy..
Venturous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:55 AM   #17
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I don't think this would be true because the cookie we create is good for 365 days if you login from Photopost.

The issue would either be cookies not set up correctly between the apps or a sessiontimeout which possibly deletes cookies. This would be in PHPBB not PhotoPost

Old May 18th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #18
Tracker
Verified Customer

I'm having the same problem myself.

If I login on the Forum phpBB2 and tick remeber me it does just that and I can move around and still be logged on when I come back to the Forum. However, I have to also log in at the Photopost login and if I move, say back to the Forum or my web site it drops my Photopost login.

I would like a single logon point on my web site that allows users to move between all 3 app's, is this possible - I think it should be...
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #19
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I would suggest you first check your cookie setup and make sure phpbb and photopost match explicitly with regards to domain and prefix and path.

Your domain should be in format .domain.com so the cookie is not dropped when going from www.domain.com to domain.com

Old May 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #20
Tracker
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S
I would suggest you first check your cookie setup and make sure phpbb and photopost match explicitly with regards to domain and prefix and path.

Your domain should be in format .domain.com so the cookie is not dropped when going from www.domain.com to domain.com
I did what you said Chuck, and guess what your right again. On double checking my cookie settings in both places I discovered that my phpbb Forum setting was phpbb2mysql and my PhotoPost setting was phpbbmysql very close, but not close enough. It seems to allow me to move between both app's now without dropping the logon...

Thanks again.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote