PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old December 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #1
pennylessz28
Verified Customer

Send a message via AIM to pennylessz28
Verified Customer

How come I'm not a verified Customer?

Second, I have a license for photopost, it ended awhile ago. I know I have to renew to download the latest version. How come I've never been able to download the old version?

At least with vbulletin they let you download the last version you were allowed to download.

I lost my orginal copy and I left cuase I could never download it again without renewing. I never wanted to upgrade photopost, just download the old 2x version.
pennylessz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 05:27 PM   #2
EricR
Verified Customer

am I? Yup (sorry, first post here).

Sounds like your license has expired, hence the missing "verified customer" tag.

Last edited by EricR; December 9th, 2005 at 05:32 PM.
EricR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #3
Judge Ruckus
Verified Customer

Send a message via AIM to Judge Ruckus Send a message via Yahoo to Judge Ruckus
Mine isnt, guess I am just to dang stupid to figure out how to get me verified.

Help!
Judge Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #4
clearchannel
Verified Customer

I have a gallery license, but I am showing up as a Registered User as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW
We want to win-back those customers and exceed the expectations of all of our customers by offering professional, courteous, and competent support. We wholeheartledly feel bad that those customers feel that they were not treated well and we want to do everything we can to remedy any outstanding issues.
The didn't mention excattly when this new outstanding support was going to begin.

Maybe right after the holidays.
clearchannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I would suggest that every read the announcement that is at the top of every single forum.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=68

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #6
Judge Ruckus
Verified Customer

Send a message via AIM to Judge Ruckus Send a message via Yahoo to Judge Ruckus
Im IN!! Yey!

Thank You!
Judge Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Welcome

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old December 9th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #8
clearchannel
Verified Customer

I've owned a photopost license for 4 years. What happened with that???
Old December 9th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I don't understand what you mean by what happened with that license? You would still have your license. To get the verified tag under your name the email you use on the forum must match an email on file for the license. It does not matter which license vBGallery or Photopost.

Old December 9th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #10
clearchannel
Verified Customer

I haven't changed my photo post license email address since I purchased the program May of 2002. When I log in with my photopost username, I show as a member.
Old December 9th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay but does any of your forum emails match a license on file?

I know this username you are posting from now does not match any license emails cause I just checked.

Old December 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #12
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S
Okay but does any of your forum emails match a license on file?

I know this username you are posting from now does not match any license emails cause I just checked.
How convenient is that......LOL This username has always been associated with the vBAdvanced Gallery. While logged in with this username, it shows my license info for photopost. No mention at all to my vBAdvanced gallery license. When I log in with my photopost username, it also shows my photopost license info. I have never associated the two accounts. I purchased two license's and now it appears I only have one.

You all are doing a jam up job.
Old December 9th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I dont think you understand what you need to do here.

You purchased a vBgallery license under an email account.

Your purchased a Photopost license under an email account.

None of those licenses was purchased with an email address that you have associated with either of your forum usernames your using. If you want to show as a verified customer you must set your forum account email to that of one of your email accounts on file for your licenses. Then the forum automatically runs a cron which will update and throw you into the verified group.

Old December 9th, 2005, 09:51 PM   #14
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW
We want to win-back those customers and exceed the expectations of all of our customers by offering professional, courteous, and competent support. We wholeheartledly feel bad that those customers feel that they were not treated well and we want to do everything we can to remedy any outstanding issues.
Hey Dude, look a little closer, both my usernames are associated with the email address I purchased the program(s) with. Would it help if I emailed the receipts for both purchases.

Last edited by clearchannel; December 9th, 2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old December 9th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #15
clearchannel
Verified Customer

I see I am now a verified customer......... what a joke, it only took weeks to get this fixed.
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:00 PM   #16
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Althought a verified customer, I can not access the download area for vBgallery? It takes me to the photopost program?
Old December 10th, 2005, 06:04 AM   #17
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The hotmail account you had in your clearchannel forum account was not an email you purchased either license with just as I stated. That is why you where told to change your email to one associated with your licenseas per the announcement. You did that and now you have access to all the forums here.

Quote:
I see I am now a verified customer......... what a joke, it only took weeks to get this fixed.
Nice! The customer verification tag has only been around for 4 days now. An announcement was posted in every forum of this site for customers to see and explain what to do.

Quote:
Althought a verified customer, I can not access the download area for vBgallery? It takes me to the photopost program?
This was done weeks ago once we took owership of the program. Every customer was emailed access info. You can get your member's details sent to you by entering the email on file for your license here.

http://www.photopost.com/auth.html

If your entering photopost members access then you get photopost program. You can link both licenses together but you need to grab your vBGallery login.

Old December 10th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #18
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Quote:
The hotmail account you had in your clearchannel forum account was not an email you purchased either license with just as I stated. That is why you where told to change your email to one associated with your licenseas per the announcement. You did that and now you have access to all the forums here.
My clearchannel username is the username associated with the gallery software. The email address used for the clearchannel account is the email address associated with the gallery software. While logged in as clearchannel, if I click on the license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost software.

Quote:
Nice! The customer verification tag has only been around for 4 days now. An announcement was posted in every forum of this site for customers to see and explain what to do.
When logged in with my photo post user account, if I click on license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost download area where I am welcome to download the photopost 5.21 software. Yet I show as a registered user, not a verified customer.

Quote:
This was done weeks ago once we took owership of the program. Every customer was emailed access info. You can get your member's details sent to you by entering the email on file for your license here.

http://www.photopost.com/auth.html

If your entering photopost members access then you get photopost program. You can link both licenses together but you need to grab your vBGallery login.
I tried to link both licenses together, when I add my clearchannel info to the photopost download page I receive the following message:

The username/password you entered to link a license did not match any license in our database.

I get this message even thought I am showing up as a verified customer.

Last edited by clearchannel; December 10th, 2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old December 10th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #19
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearchannel
My clearchannel username is the username associated with the gallery software. The email address used for the clearchannel account is the email address associated with the gallery software. While logged in as clearchannel, if I click on the license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost software.
Clearchannel the other day when you first asked about the verification tag I checked the email you were using for your forum account clearchannel and there are no license holders with the hotmail account you had entered in your forum account email spot. Hense I suggested you change it to one associated with your license.

You changed it to the one for your vBGallery license and you are now verified.

Quote:
When logged in with my photo post user account, if I click on license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost download area where I am welcome to download the photopost 5.21 software. Yet I show as a registered user, not a verified customer.
Same thing here you. You have a second forum username account then you would need to change that account to an email associated with your Photopost license. That would be the one with photopost in it.

Quote:
I tried to link both licenses together, when I add my clearchannel info to the photopost download page I receive the following message:

The username/password you entered to link a license did not match any license in our database.

I get this message even thought I am showing up as a verified customer.
You must have been copying and pasting and some stray characters where being copied. I tried it and your all linked up.

Old December 12th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #20
websnail

I understand what's required but frankly I don't understand WHY?

If an end user already has access to the crownjewels ie: your scripts, why on gods green stuff does the email have to match that which the script was originally licensed...

I can think of a few million reasons why this becomes a nightmare, including my current situation of being the tech responsible for installing something for a client but who does not have direct association with the email address, DESPITE having associated with the correct licenses in the download.

What happens when you have a team of people working on a website who need to access mods for their bit? or problems when the email address belongs to someone who left the company and won't hand over the info or access..

Like I said, the logic escapes me...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote