PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old November 22nd, 2005, 01:25 PM   #1
Axe
Verified Customer

License Clarification (Development copies)

I vaguely remember reading something about this before, but can't remember the specifics, and can't find the thread

With the recent demise of PhotoPostDev (apparently due to lack of coders willing to submit hacks & help), the consequent resurrection of the PhotoPost Hacks forums here on this forum, and also due to the fact that on large(ish) sites receiving thousands of page views per day making it infeasible to develop hacks & mods on a production site, I just wanted to get a verification on a license question I had.

If you have a valid PhotoPost (or any other PP product) license, are you allowed to have a second installation running on a private/internal development server that is not accesible from the Internet?

Of course, realistically, there's no way for the PP team to know if you're running a second copy on a server that's not connected to a public network, but legally and morally it's an issue.

If this is legal or not, may I suggest the License be amended to clarify this point one way or the other? (as it currently only states 1 web server, 1 site per license).
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes, you can run a private copy for development purposes only. We expect that it would not be used by anyone but yourself for testing purposes. I hope that clarifies the issue, if you need more specifics I will be glad to answer them.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 01:35 PM   #3
Axe
Verified Customer

Thanks Michael, clarifies it just fine
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote