PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old October 17th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #1
blootix

considering a purchase

I have a few questions:

1. Is this fully compatible with vBulletin 3.5 Final?
2. Why not pack this as a product instead of using an installer? (I really don't like using installers because there's no uninstaller)
3. When you speak of the "optional" file edits, what would those do? Can they be done via plugins?
4. When members post comments on the pictures, can it count toward their postcount and the forum postcount?
5. The last time this script was updated was in June (when vB 3.5 Final hasn't even been released). Is this script still in development or is it provided as-is and no further development is planned?

I'd really like to see it as a product. I would buy it for sure if it was packed as a product doing all the DB mods and code mods with one click. Right now I'm holding off mainly because of that I "might" have to do file edits (which I really don't want to do) and that this isn't done as a product to install/uninstall database mods.
Old October 17th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #2
KW802
Verified Customer

Re: considering a purchase

Blootix,

1. Yes

2. Not sure about the technicalities of an installer versus the new product system it but at least in regards to uninstalling the same script that is used to install the product contains an option to uninstall it as well.

3. I just took a look at the installation readme file... the only code edits are two optional steps. They are to (a) group the templates together when viewing them in the style manager and (b) to have the mod options show up in the default mod cp instead of having the mod go to a seperate menu.

4. Yes, it is an option in the gallery control panel.

5. Not sure where the June date is coming from but the version for vB 3.5 was released in July.

In regards to the code edits, if you don't want to do the two optional steps above then the only things you have to change code is the configuration file in the Gallery folder to indicate where your forums are, after that the installer does all of the DB changes as necessary (there are no vB code changes required). The same script is used to install & deinstall the various DB tables & changes.
KW802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:03 AM   #3
blootix

Hi,

The June date is coming from this page: http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.p...roductinfo&p=5.
Quote:
Current Version: 1.0.1
Last Updated: 06-13-2005 02:45 PM
Is this still in development?

Also, is there a way to add this gallery onto Forum Home?

As for the Mod CP thing, I do not understand what you're saying. Do you mean I must do a file edit to make the control panel integrated into the Moderator CP?
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM   #4
Brian

That was the last time the vB 3.0 version was updated. The vB 3.5 version was updated in June though. And yes, the script is still in development.
Currently there is a small modification to your modcp/index.php file that's required to add the gallery options to your mod cp. That can just as easily be done with a plugin though, we just haven't had a chance to release a new version including this yet.
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #5
blootix

What about the forumhome if this is able to be displayed on forumhome? Also, is this able to be displayed on non-vBulletin pages?
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #6
Brian

There is a hack to display random images on your forum home with vB 3.5. There also should be a module for the CMPS to display random images, but I think that's about it as far as non-vB pages go.