PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old July 22nd, 2005, 06:58 PM   #1
digitalpoint
Verified Customer

Database Modifications

From what I've been able to gather, the vBadvanced Gallery used to require PHP file modifications, but it no longer needs to (please correct me if I'm wrong).

For the database modifications, is it just new tables and new records in existing tables (phrases, etc.)? It looks pretty nice, but not sure how keen I would be on if the system actually needed to alter the normal vBulletin table structure.
digitalpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 07:55 PM   #2
Brian

Re: Database Modifications

The only file modification I personally recommend is one to group the templates together the same way your vB templates are. Personally, I would also add the modification to add the gallery to your forum's admin cp (though this isn't necessary with vB 3.5). Both of those modifications are listed in the readme file, but neither are necessary if you don't want to add them.
As for the database, the only vB table that is altered is the language table to add fields for the phrases, which most vB hacks are going to do if they use the phrase system. Other than that, things are inserted into the tables for the templates, phrases, cron, etc, but no other tables are altered.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 08:02 PM   #3
digitalpoint
Verified Customer

Re: Database Modifications

Okay... that's good enough for me... one table alteration to language isn't so bad that it couldn't be reversed (if absolutely necessary for whatever reason). So off to buy it now.
digitalpoint is offline   Reply With Quote