PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old July 8th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #1
JohnGalt
Verified Customer

how to buy vBadv Gallery without Paypal?

i would like to buy the vBadv gallery product. can i buy this directly using a credit card (by phone), check, or money order? i tried to order this product online, but the ONLY payment option presented was PayPal. surely, that cannot be the only method for payment.
JohnGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #2
mholtum
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Send a message via MSN to mholtum Send a message via Yahoo to mholtum
Re: how to buy vBadv Gallery without Paypal?

This has been asked and answered numerous times. Brian and crew have stated that Paypal is the only option at this time. If you have a CC why cant you use it via paypal? you dont need and account to use the service. What country are you in?
mholtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #3
JohnGalt
Verified Customer

well, simply stated it's a matter of principle. i despise Ebay and PayPal. won't have anything to do with them. i would advise everyone to do their homework on PayPal before making them privvy to your bank account and credit card information. in fact, i'd say i trust PayPal with my financial info about as much as i'd trust Michael Jackson to babysit a cub scout troop.

if the people running this site prefer to use PayPal instead of a true merchant account to process credit card payments, that's fine. many small businesses seem to do that these days (though they pay higher rates to PayPal that they would to a bank), but for customers in the USA, it shouldn't be difficult to accept checks or money orders as well. e.g., a postal money order is equivalent to cash and the recipient can cash it at any post office directly into the full cash value... no merchant fees, no waiting for it to clear. that's seems to be a no-brainer for accepting payment from people not willing to use PayPal.

as for whether or not this information has been posted before, you wouldn't get this question ever again if during the order process it's clearly stated at the beginning that the ONLY payment method is PayPal. as it stands, one goes through the order process only to find out that PayPal is the only option.

so here i am. perfectly willing to spend $60 to add the vBadv gallery feature to my site and no way to buy it using normal business payment methods.
JohnGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 12:59 PM   #4
ConqSoft
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

My info:
Account Creation Date: Feb. 2, 2000
PayPal Member For: 5 years 5 months 7 days

And zero problems.

ALL banks, credit card companies, etc are going to have some people that have a bad experience for one reason or another. It's just a fact.

Accepting checks/money orders requires a lot of manual work. When you purchase with PayPal, it's all automatic and you immediately get access to the product. I'd much rather Brian spend his time improving the products than processing manual payments.

When you pay with PayPal, you don't even have to create a PayPal account if you so choose, so they aren't storing any financial information about you. It's no different than buying anything else online with a credit card.
ConqSoft is offline   Reply With Quote