PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old May 9th, 2005, 12:40 AM   #1
freakystuff
Verified Customer

Interested in buying, need a very simple uploader

Hi everyone, my site has a gallery and uploads section. The gallery section could link to the vba gallery, I want the upload section to link to a very simple uploader page, kinda like the 'Quick Upload', except id want it to be its own page with 5 or more input boxes, they would all go to one specific category and only certain usergroups can upload. Id like the next page to show the images uploaded, and the bb code so that the user can copy and paste in the forums. This is all I need for the quick uploader so that users dont have to go through the usual gallery uploader.

Is it possible to launch the 'quick upload' in its own page for select usergroups and show the uploaded image and bb code on the next page?

Thank you.
freakystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #2
Brian

Re: Interested in buying, need a very simple uploader

Everything with the gallery is completely template based, so as long as you're familiar with HTML then it shouldn't be hard at all to change the templates a little and accomplish what you're looking for here.
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #3
freakystuff
Verified Customer

Is there a demo gallery somewhere where I can upload and it doesnt go through moderation? I would like to see what exactly it looks like when images dont have to be approved.
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #4
KW802
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyshiat
Is there a demo gallery somewhere where I can upload and it doesnt go through moderation? I would like to see what exactly it looks like when images dont have to be approved.
From a user's perspective it actually won't look much different. The only part that changes is that if a user uploads an individual image then if moderation is turned on they get the "Image has been submitted..." message otherwise they are taken back to the Gallery index -- Up to that point everything is the same.
KW802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #5
freakystuff
Verified Customer

So, once the image has been submitted messsage shows up (quick upload), does it show the image and the bb code by defualt or do templates have to be changed?
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #6
KW802
Verified Customer

Quote:
So, once the image has been submitted messsage shows up (quick upload), does it show the image and the bb code by defualt or do templates have to be changed?
To show the BB code it is controlled via control panel options. In the vBa Gallery control panel settings there are options to turn on the BB code, turn on IMG code, and also to turn on a direct link URL. For example: http://www.vbadvanced.com/gallery/sh....php?i=473&c=9 <-- Those three links you see can be individually turned off & on.
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #7
freakystuff
Verified Customer

Also, is there a packaged price for the gallery and the links, both with branding free options?
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:58 AM   #8
KW802
Verified Customer

Quote:
Also, is there a packaged price for the gallery and the links, both with branding free options?
At this time each of the products are sold individually.
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #9
freakystuff
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW802
To show the BB code it is controlled via control panel options. In the vBa Gallery control panel settings there are options to turn on the BB code, turn on IMG code, and also to turn on a direct link URL. For example: http://www.vbadvanced.com/gallery/sh....php?i=473&c=9 <-- Those three links you see can be individually turned off & on.
and thats what shows up once you upload an image with the quick uploader? I know it does with the regular uploader, but does the quick uploader show the image/bb code after submitting, when image moderation is NOT turned on? Just want to double check...
Old May 9th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #10
Brian

If the moderation is not turned on and you upload one image then you will be redirected to that particular image, which the image/bbcode will be shown on that page. If you're uploading multiple images then you are simply redirected to a page saying the upload was complete.
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #11
freakystuff
Verified Customer

Is it too hard to modify it where multiple image uploads show the codes after they are uploaded? It doesnt really have to show the uploaded images, but just the codes all in one box so users can copy and paste the code in the forums.

I think this is something that could be used by other sites also, having a full blown gallery, and then having a quick uploader that uploads and spits out the bb code. I plan to integrate this with my vb paid subscription setup.
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #12
KW802
Verified Customer

Freaky,

What's your end goal? If the goal is to display the BB codes so the users can then enter them right into a post that they're creating then this hack over on vb.org may be a good solution: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73040
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #13
freakystuff
Verified Customer

you just made my life a whole lot better
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #14
KW802
Verified Customer

Quote:
you just made my life a whole lot better
That's what we're here for. I installed that hack on one of my sites that I'm expecting a lot of images with... it's a few more edits than I like to see but the test users really loved it.
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:31 PM   #15
freakystuff
Verified Customer

Thank you Just purchased Links and Gallery both.