PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:33 PM   #1
Misuzu
Verified Customer

Some presales questions :)

sorry if these has been answered already.

how easy is this to install onto an already set up vb 3.07? does it require a lot of file hacking on my already hacked up vb files? and does it automatically inherit the styles from the forums?

i tried to use the live demo, but there wasn't any pictures that were big enough to let me test so i'm asking here. what happens if the picture is bigger than my style's tables? like, www.dtguild.com/forum/ my style is about 800 width. if someone uploads something over 800 width, would it break the layout? or could i set it to thumb nail, then have the full size picture open in a pop up?
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:41 PM   #2
Brian

Re: Some presales questions :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuzu
how easy is this to install onto an already set up vb 3.07? does it require a lot of file hacking on my already hacked up vb files?
It requires 3 fairly simple changes to 3 files. Even for a novice it should not take more than 10-15 minutes for the entire install (I think I can do one in about 3 minutes flat now ).

Quote:
and does it automatically inherit the styles from the forums?
Yes, it will use whatever style the user has selected with their account.

Quote:
i tried to use the live demo, but there wasn't any pictures that were big enough to let me test so i'm asking here. what happens if the picture is bigger than my style's tables? like, www.dtguild.com/forum/ my style is about 800 width. if someone uploads something over 800 width, would it break the layout? or could i set it to thumb nail, then have the full size picture open in a pop up?
That all depends on how you have your options set. In the Admin CP ('Edit Filetypes' link) you are allowed to specify a maximum height and width for each file extension you allow. You also have an option to save the original files, in which case it will save the original image that was uploaded by the user and have a separate link to that image. If you have a fixed style and this larger image may be too large for the style, there is also an option to open these images by themselves in a new window.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:50 PM   #3
Misuzu
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
That all depends on how you have your options set. In the Admin CP ('Edit Filetypes' link) you are allowed to specify a maximum height and width for each file extension you allow. You also have an option to save the original files, in which case it will save the original image that was uploaded by the user and have a separate link to that image. If you have a fixed style and this larger image may be too large for the style, there is also an option to open these images by themselves in a new window.
so basically, if the image is over a certain set dimension, it'll be thumbnailed, and open in a new window when clicked on?

i thought that setting the dimensions in "Edit Filetypes" would not allow the upload if the dimension exceeds the set dimensions, or am i wrong?
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:51 PM   #4
Brian

If you set the options that way, then yes.