PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old April 13th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #1
StuartDH
Verified Customer

Homepage, Trial and Demo

We're currently running vBulletin for our forum with vbadvanced for our front page and we're considering vba Gallery to replace our current Coppermine installation.

Having looked around the gallery demo I still don't feel comfortable with knowing what it can do - Ithink that the lack of being able to make changes etc is part of the problem. Would it be possible for you to change the demo so that it resets itself every hour or so? Alternatively, do you have a trial version of the gallery that we can download to try out?

As we've not really been able to explore some of the key reasons for changing our gallery, I wonder if you could tell us:

Is it easy enough to put the latest image from each album on the front of the gallery homepage like our current Coppermine gallery?

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery

Is it easy enough to apply the template from our forum - http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/forums - to the gallery?

Thanks

Stuart
StuartDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:03 AM   #2
ConqSoft
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Re: Homepage, Trial and Demo

The Gallery will automatically take on your vBulletin style, because it's all done in the vBulletin template system. Depending on how radical your style is, you may need to modify some of the gallery templates to make it look 100% like the rest of vBulletin. (I can't get your site to come up at the moment, so I can't tell.)

There are hacks already available to show random, latest, highest rated, most viewed, (your choice) image(s) on your vBadvanced CMPS page, and/or on your forum home page.
ConqSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #3
ConqSoft
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Just as an example, here's a site I do some work for; he has a couple of "extreme" styles that work fine with Gallery:

http://gallery.wirelessadvisor.com/?styleid=4
ConqSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:16 AM   #4
StuartDH
Verified Customer

Thanks for the info Conqsoft

I've just changed the link to the site so it should be working again now

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery

More than just displaying some of the random or latest picture on the frontpage of the gallery, I want to be able to show one from each album/category (either the latest pic or random), is that possible to do with the current hacks?

Cheers

Stuart
StuartDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #5
Brian

As far as I know there's currently not a hack to show new/random images in each category, but this will most likely be an option in a future version.