PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:52 PM   #1
BobHarbison
Verified Customer

Reviewpost Integrated With Photopost

I've just purchased another copy of Photopost (Do you have a prize for the most licenses? I think I've got 5 or 6 of them now...)

I'm considering integrating it with Reviewpost. I'm going to create directory of railroads in the US with photos of them in the gallery. The reviews wouldn't be reviews as much as informational listings on locations etc. How easy is to customize the reviewpost format and add other fields if I wanted?

The two sites would compliment each other, and the "reviews" would have a link to more photos on the photopost site. I'm guessing this can be done? What are the main advantages to using Reviewpost instead of doing the same thing in say Vbulletin?

Any other comments or suggestions?
BobHarbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

ReviewPost can integrate with the PhotoPost user system; so no problems there.

ReviewPost works on much of the same system as PhotoPost with regards to templates and such; modifications would be handled the same way.

Depending on the level of discussion you want to have you would look at ReviewPost as an informational tool and a forum (like vB) as a way for your community to exchange more than just info about a specific location.

I would suggest that you consider using a forum if your community can support it and use ReviewPost as an informational tool which lists locations along with Pros/Cons and Reviews (ReviewPost is more of a product specific application, but it can be modified to suit your needs - I believe several others use it to review companies, hosiptals, etc).
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #3
BobHarbison
Verified Customer

Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I'll do...
BobHarbison is offline   Reply With Quote