PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:04 AM   #1
imported_DougM
Verified Customer

Import from SourceForge Gallery? & Thumbnail highlights?

I would like to know two things as I consider my purchase:

1. Is it possible to import from an existing gallery as in Gallery from http://gallery.menalto.com/

2. Is there any simple way or future plan for thumbnailed images (or highlight thumbs) to appear on the index page in place of the icon which is identical to the VB forum "new message" / "no new message" icons? (I just think it looks like a message board at first glance)

Thank you.
imported_DougM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Brian

Re: Import from SourceForge Gallery? & Thumbnail highlights?

1). I do have an import script for Gallery, I just haven't posted it yet because it's only been tested on one site. If you'd like to submit a support ticket via the Memebrs' Area here once you purchase the script I will be glad to import your current Gallery data for you.

2). That is already an option. In the 'Image Tools', mods and admins will see an option called 'Set As Category Image' which will have it displayed in the category listing.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:58 AM   #3
imported_DougM
Verified Customer

Quote:
If you'd like to submit a support ticket via the Memebrs' Area here once you purchase the script I will be glad to import your current Gallery data for you.
I will accept your offer. Please stand by while I purchase and install the script (I assume you would like me to install it?). I expect this to be done before the day's end after which I will submit a ticket.

Looks like a great solution. Thanks!
Old January 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM   #4
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougM
I assume you would like me to install it?
Unless you'd like to order our install service as well, yes.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 12:32 PM   #5
imported_DougM
Verified Customer

$14.99? Sign me up
Old January 2nd, 2005, 01:59 PM   #6
Delw
Verified Customer

Send a message via ICQ to Delw

Doug
Pay for brian to install it. I wish I would have. Granted its very easy to install and only takes a few mins but this way you can concentrate on getting it set-up like you want and know its not a typo or missplaced code when you installed it.

As far as the importation I am very happy with it, there are a few things you should know however.
If you have sub directories you will see a few pictures that have red x's these are just the pictures that were the pics for the subdirs( your org pics are all still there).
Make sure that all the pic names are different.
Also make sure you have a pic name on all your pics. one thing I noticed is that when the transfer took effect that you would see one picture thumbnail and click on it then another pic would appear. then if you clicked on full size it would apear as the thumbnail.

A few other things
if you have a question ASK Brian.
the first time brian did the import I saw a few problems and figured I woudlnt bother him and take care of them myself. was alot of work. However since brian is developing a transfer tool he needs to know of all problems, On the second day I mentioned this to him and it was fixed in mins we have 318 Categories, 5,468 Images and over 2 gigs of space used. It would have taken days and weeks to fix.

I still havent finished everything I wanted to do yet, so I havent found any problems if any at all.
Ive been kinda busy the last few days and I am just starting to fnish it up today.

I will tell you one thing that is for sure.
These guys at vbadvance ( and the whole v-bulletin team org and .com)have been the most helpful people that I have met when it comes to support for there forums, Ive used ubb for 8 years and never experianced this. I am glad I made the switch to V-bulletin and have 2 more boards to do yet.

Delw
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2005, 02:16 PM   #7
imported_DougM
Verified Customer

Super advice Delw, thanks. I did pay for the install. Am I to understand that you also imported from SourceForge Gallery?
Old January 2nd, 2005, 02:23 PM   #8
Brian

Yes, he did. His was the one site that I was referring to when I said it had only been tested on one.
Old January 4th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #9
imported_DougM
Verified Customer

To properly end this story...

The installation and import from ye olde SourceForge Gallery are complete. I have begun the tweaking and will show it off in the proper forum when it's ready.

Thanks for the great service on this one Brian.