PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old December 31st, 2004, 02:20 AM   #1
CSS59
Verified Customer

Show off your VBA Gallery.

I wanna get it, but I really wanna check some out first.

So if you have a VBAG, lets see it

Thank you
CSS59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:10 AM   #2
KW802
Verified Customer

Re: Show off your VBA Gallery.

http://www.coolscifi.com/gallery
KW802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:43 AM   #3
imported_theMusicMan
Verified Customer

Hi Kevin

Nice gallery you have there. Can I ask which is the template and how doi you edit the gallery home to get the images per category I see on yours??

That is a great idea.

John
imported_theMusicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:34 AM   #4
Bondy
Verified Customer

omg u make alot of categoray

i just buy it for a small stuff for my family and the travals pic i still dont use it i have install it inthe localhost and waiting my mather to take for me a domain hhehee
Bondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 05:23 AM   #5
V-Rodforums
Verified Customer

Well I'm not much of an artist and use pretty generic templates but this is what mine looks like. I would add more catagories but these are older bikers and can't get them right with only two catagories now.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/gallery/
V-Rodforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 07:46 AM   #6
neopiper

http://www.fedoraforum.org/gallery/ couple home made hacks
neopiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:29 PM   #7
KW802
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan
Hi Kevin

Nice gallery you have there. Can I ask which is the template and how doi you edit the gallery home to get the images per category I see on yours??

That is a great idea.

John
John, thanks. The style is custom style exclusive to Cool SciFi. It was done by Nicholas @ http://www.ForumSkin.com with a few tweaks here & there by me (mostly minor template changes).

To enable to the images to show up the left of your category names, you have two different ways of doing it:
Method #1 = ACP --> vBa Gallery --> Edit Categories --> {Choose your category} --> Edit and then in the first section there is a field named "Image", just fill in the path to image that should be used.

Method #2 = While browsing the images find the image that you want to use and view it. While viewing the image choose "Image Tools" and from the dropdown box choose "Set as Category Image" -- The thumbnail of the image that you're currently viewing will then be set as the category image.
I've been using method #2 because it's a heck of a lot faster to change images on the whim.
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:44 PM   #8
KW802
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Well I'm not much of an artist and use pretty generic templates but this is what mine looks like. I would add more catagories but these are older bikers and can't get them right with only two catagories now.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/gallery/
Max, I think the colors work great. Any HD fan will instantly recognize the color scheme. I'm thinking I may need to move to Hawaii. I saw that you have two different sized thumbnails..... did you change the thumbnail size at some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondy
omg u make alot of categoray

i just buy it for a small stuff for my family and the travals pic i still dont use it i have install it inthe localhost and waiting my mather to take for me a domain hhehee
A lot of categories for a lot of files that are still on their way. I have about another gig of stuff on the HD that I haven't had a chance to sort yet. You should see the full category list -- In several hidden categories I have my wedding pictures and various family stuff so there is actually a few dozen different categories in use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopiper
Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
I see you changed the index template a bit. You also changed your 'view full image' code a bit to be in a seperate window, some people here are trying to do the same (see the thread called "2 suggestions"). Looks good, nice & compact.
Old December 31st, 2004, 10:49 PM   #9
V-Rodforums
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW802
Max, I think the colors work great. Any HD fan will instantly recognize the color scheme. I'm thinking I may need to move to Hawaii. I saw that you have two different sized thumbnails..... did you change the thumbnail size at some point?
Yes I have been running PP and had the thumbs set at 100x100 and now I run them at 150. I have seen there is an option to rebuild them all but with 5,000+ images I thought I would wait and start the rebuild late one night when very few are on the forum.
V-Rodforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 11:04 PM   #10
allhandl
Verified Customer

ahh there isnt much too my gallery cept the pictures themselves... hahahah

http://www.newarknight.com/gallery/index.php?
allhandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2005, 07:36 PM   #11
CSS59
Verified Customer

Thank you guys!

so can allow each member to upload under their username in their Gallery?
Old January 4th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #12
GrBear
Verified Customer

If you have a category where people can create their own albums, much like the member's category, a user (with the appropriate permissions) can create one with any name under a root category that allows member creatable categories/albums.

Any member galleries created can be set by the user/visitor to allow others to upload to it, comment on the pictures in it and rate them. Or, the user/visitor can make it private.

For instance, say you have a root category called "Members" (one that is created by default). You (as a user/visitor) can create one called xxx or yyy (it's not limited to the user's name) as a sub category in "Members". You can also create a sub category to xxx or yyy called zzz, and it will show up when you open the xxx or yyy album (eg. "members" -> "xxx" -> "zzz").

You can give each usergroup permission to create X categories, but only under root categories that allow members to create their own.

It's pretty slick actually. I hope that makes sense.
GrBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:49 AM   #13
CSS59
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrBear
You can also create a sub category to xxx or yyy called zzz, and it will show up when you open the xxx or yyy album (eg. "members" -> "xxx" -> "zzz").
Thank you for your help. I donít want my members to create subcategories (gets to messy and you have to dig to deep to get to the pics). I just want them to upload all pics under their username. (username is a subcategory of Members) Is this possible?

I also want all my users to automatically have a gallery account when they register (so they donít have to sign up twice). Is this possible?
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #14
CSS59
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopiper
Oh I love it! So nice and clean!
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:02 AM   #15
CSS59
Verified Customer

WTF, why cant I edit my post? Anyways, that how I want my Gallery with subcategories under Members for each Member.