PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:56 AM   #1
orangeflea
Verified Customer

ReviewPost Questions

I want to purchase Reviewpost for the sole purpose of allowing members to post BOOK and DVD reviews for visitors, but I have a few questions.

1.) I've seen some examples depicting a row of recently reviewed/added products displayed on the top of vBulletin forum. Since we are a book forum, with many sections, will I be able to limit what category of books is put on display on each forum? For example, in our historic fiction forum, will it be possible for Reviewpost to display "recently reviewed/added books" of only that specific genre of books on the top of that forum?

2.) What's the limit as far as products? I plan on putting 900+ by the end of the year or next. Does the product operate well under that sort of pressure?

3.) Is there a "Read all reviews posted by [User]" feature available or a feature that allows readers to read similar or related products when viewing any particular description? For example, if someone is reading a book description of Stephen King, will the reader also be able to see links to other products from the same author or book on that very page?

4.) Is there a character/word limit on descriptions, because it's possible we'll have some pretty detailed reviews.

5.) Is there a spellcheck option available?

6.) How flexible is the product sorting feature? Can the products be displayed in alphabetical order (by product name) or in the order of when they were added or custom? How many different ways can they be sorted?
orangeflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
1.) I've seen some examples depicting a row of recently reviewed/added products displayed on the top of vBulletin forum. Since we are a book forum, with many sections, will I be able to limit what category of books is put on display on each forum? For example, in our historic fiction forum, will it be possible for Reviewpost to display "recently reviewed/added books" of only that specific genre of books on the top of that forum?
The forum home page block is simply that a home page block and you can edit the block yourself and change the query if you only want it to pull certain categories. There is no block written to display on forumdisplay. The block displays on your forum index only.

Quote:
2.) What's the limit as far as products? I plan on putting 900+ by the end of the year or next. Does the product operate well under that sort of pressure?
The only limit with the program is your server setup. that amount of products is minimal.

Quote:
3.) Is there a "Read all reviews posted by [User]" feature available or a feature that allows readers to read similar or related products when viewing any particular description? For example, if someone is reading a book description of Stephen King, will the reader also be able to see links to other products from the same author or book on that very page?
There is a keywords feature when viewing a product you can click to pull up all products based on the search words. There is no read all reviews by user script.

Quote:
4.) Is there a character/word limit on descriptions, because it's possible we'll have some pretty detailed reviews.
There is no word limit on descriptions it is a mysql text field which means no limit.

Quote:
5.) Is there a spellcheck option available?
No there is no spellchecker within the application at present.

Quote:
6.) How flexible is the product sorting feature? Can the products be displayed in alphabetical order (by product name) or in the order of when they were added or custom? How many different ways can they be sorted?
Currenctly there are 8 sorts in the app.

Most Recent,Most Views,Most Active,Most Popular,Random,Least Popular,Manufacturer Name and Product Title

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM   #3
orangeflea
Verified Customer

Thanks for the quick reply, Chuck! But one thing...

Quote:
The forum home page block is simply that a home page block and you can edit the block yourself and change the query if you only want it to pull certain categories. There is no block written to display on forumdisplay. The block displays on your forum index only.
I've seen Reviewpost users arrange their products by category and sub-category, and I was wondering how hard it would be for someone to modify Review post so that it would only publically display products housed within these specific categories on the forumdisplay.

I'm not an expert coder, but I want this to be done. How hard would it be for someone with skill to accomplish this for me?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well the big issue you need to figure out is what categories in reviewpost correspond to specific forums in the vbulletin forum display and then modify the current script to grab photos from a specific reviewpost forum if f=24 say then $cat=18 in reviewpost. I hope you follow.

It is not a hard thing to do just requires thinking. You can post modification questions once your a customer on the modification forum for things that fall outside the actual product support.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:25 PM   #5
orangeflea
Verified Customer

As far as the different review sections go, can I customize the fields (eg, ratings, product information) to correspond accurately with the the products in a specific section. In a DVD review area, I might want users to rate DVD products by stars, but in a book review area, I would want users to rate book products by numbers.

Is that possible or are those setting global?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:36 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well the ratings are numeric in nature.

You can define an unlimited number of review and product extra fields per category.

As far as switching stars for numbers and such that would require code modification.

Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:51 PM   #7
orangeflea
Verified Customer

Can video clips (google, youtube, etc) be posted as products? Not presented as links but presentable videos for users to click "Play," after which they can review the movie.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Reviewpost does not process multimedia files. Photopost Pro our gallery software can handle multimedia files.