PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old December 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM   #1
Shadowsuite
Verified Customer

Thumbnail Question

I am going to use vBadvanced Gallery to make a gallery of wallpapers, most of the wallpapers resoultions will be from 1024x768 - 1600x1200. When you are browsing the categories you get a smaller thumbnail, and when you click the image do you get the fill image and replies to your posted image? or if your image is too big (in my case) will it be resized (Yes, again) and then if clicked again opened in a new blank page?
Shadowsuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #2
KW802
Verified Customer

Re: Thumbnail Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsuite
I am going to use vBadvanced Gallery to make a gallery of wallpapers, most of the wallpapers resoultions will be from 1024x768 - 1600x1200. When you are browsing the categories you get a smaller thumbnail, and when you click the image do you get the fill image and replies to your posted image? or if your image is too big (in my case) will it be resized (Yes, again) and then if clicked again opened in a new blank page?
If the image is really big, like wallpapers, that are bigger than the file sizes that are defined to each file type then there will actually be three images: thumbnail, the "image", and then the "original".

When the user clicks on the thumbnail from the index they'll go the "image" but from there they can click on the image again to see the "original" version. I found this useful because I put some wedding pictures up on my site in a private area but I had to rotate some of them because the orientation was sideways. The thumbnails are the correct orientation & the "image" is the correct orientation but if anybody want to grab a copy of the image for printing themselves they can grab the "original" image which is the untouched version still facing the wrong way.

Besides clicking on the image itself the image details below the image will also then list two different sizes, the one being shown and the alternate.

For an idea of what I'm talking about see here. Almost all of the wallpapers are bigger then the file sizes I have defined.
KW802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2004, 08:46 AM   #3
Shadowsuite
Verified Customer

Thanks, that's what I just wanted to know. I'm going to buy this script very soon
Old December 12th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Shadowsuite
Verified Customer

Sorry, just one more question. When you are viewing the "image" and you click on it to get the original version, is it possible so that the original version opens up in a new blank page (As in target="_blank" and the page doesn't contain anything, just the image, no comments, no vBulletin header, etc.)
Old December 12th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #5
Brian

That's not currently the way it's set up, but I'm sure it could be changed with a simple <if condition>