okay - yes, that will do the trick. I downloaded import.php. However, since I did not install photopost on my site, I am not certain what the proper database name, user name and passwords are. I have all the info on a document the programmer gave me, but they dont' seem to work...
I get this message when I try to call import.php
Unable to select VB database
Do i use the mysql dbname, user name and passwords?
Yes it is. I just checked in "myphpadmin" and the vb3 tables are in the WetDawg database...I tried using "vb3_forum_" as the prefix - did not work, even though that is a table in the WetDawg database....
I finally got the import file to run. It was completed. I went to my photogallery and saw that there were a lot of thumbnails missing. So I went to admin and clicked "scan database" and asked it to create thumbnails where it was missing. The result: TONS of photos were LOST! What the heck happened. Is this reversible?
Omegatron - look at my gallery - you will see I have lost so many photos - compare the columns on the home page - it says I have say "8" photos and then in the last column it says "no photos". What the hell happened?
If your using the right script here it doesnt do anything to photos but place the right userid onto them. It deletes no photos.
Just like any upgrade or import your suppose to make backups before running them.
I would tend to think your no photos is because of something else you ran not this specific script. I used this very script when I switched from UbbThreads to VB as did Michael.
What other steps did you do here besides run this script. Did you try to run this script on an old version of Photopost say 4.8 then do a photopost upgrade? That would not work. This script is for 5.0 and above. So it is very important to know what you did to cause this to be able to suggest a resolution.
1. I used the import.php script. I am sure it was not designed to delete photos.
2. I put "vb3_" as the prefix in import.php, uploaded it to my photopost directory and then called it in my browser
3. Program ran successfully.
4. When I checked my photogallery, I saw that there were ALOT of thumbnails missing.
5. I then went into my admin and checked "scan database"
6. In there, I checked "check for and create missing thumbnails"
7. As this process was being done, the program deleted tons of photos - it kept saying "no thumbnail, deleting photo!"
8. I did not back up the database prior to doing this
9. Is there a way to retrieve the old photos - I know my database has been backed in up in the past, is it possible to retrieve old photos from there?
Please provide me with suggestions and I will find a programmer to help me out of this mess. Or can I hire one of you guys to fix this mess for me? I will provide you with all passwords, etc.