PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old September 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Phrost2
Verified Customer

Looking for specific functionality

Hi,

I'm strongly considering purchasing your product but I need it to do something specific, even if it takes a minor hack to do.

I am trying to create a VBulletin-integrated system in which a user can upload multiple photos to a single page, each with a caption. This is in order to allow them to post "step by step" how to articles with an image displayed for each step.

So essentially I need to know if your system will allow me to post several images in one "article" or "thread". I need to make everything as user-friendly as possible, so a single UI page for the uploads and captions is also required.

Thanks.
Phrost2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

It sounds more like an article management system that you have in mind - PhotoPost doesn't have multiple images on a per page basis and while ReviewPost does, it may or may not be the look you are going for.

http://www.photopostdev.com/reviews/....php/product/4

This is a link to our demo site with a sample ReviewPost section. Take a look and see if it is close to what you need or suits your needs.
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:01 AM   #3
Phrost2
Verified Customer

I've checked out ReviewPost too, and am strongly considering purchasing both it and PhotoPost.

But in the meantime I need a system that will allow my VBulletin users a single interface to post pictures with captions in order to produce something that looks roughly like this (which is just a static html page):

http://bjj.org/techniques/aranha/kimura/

I know it can be done, I'm just not sure if anyone has a system with which it would be easy to do. I'm running VBPortal and Vbulletin right now.

Thanks for your help.
Old September 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #4
Phrost2
Verified Customer

Any answer on that, or is it that it just can't be done?
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #5
mjm
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

The only way I know of is to allow for longer photo description Titles so that more commentary can be shown when viewing thumbnail sequence.
Thumbnail sequences can be uploaded into a general category, Members Gallery category or to distinct albums.

~ Mark
mjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:16 AM   #6
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I don't think PhotoPost is going to do what you want looking at that example and assuming that's the look you want.
Old October 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #7
mjm
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Another thing you can do is use the IMG tag and show a series of pics in the description box below show photo, showing a group of pics with commentary as in your example.

~ Mark
mjm is offline   Reply With Quote