PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old September 17th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #1
Crow
Verified Customer

Unhappy Since photopostdev is gone..

Since you closed down photopostdev down wheres all the hack that were on there? I needed to reinstall the hack that will show a icon in the vB postbit if a user had uploaded one.

nevermind they opened up the site and I can grab it now..
http://www.photopost.com/members/for...d.php?t=108884

Last edited by Crow; September 17th, 2005 at 08:26 PM.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #2
mlucek
Verified Customer

I'll be using that mod too

Speaking of which - why don't you PP guys merge the PPDev threads into the forums here ? Yeah, I know the many many discussions about that and the unsupported hacks, but there are some good tips to be gleaned from those archives !! Just create another forum area for unsupported hacks and put the threads in there.
mlucek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well being's since Photopostdev does not have any affiliation with us and the fact that we can not support other people's hacks there is really no way to list those hacks here.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #4
mlucek
Verified Customer

Chuck,

I'm sure you've had this discussion many times on other threads. That fact is, PPDev IS/WAS affiliated with you guys whether you believed it or not. MP provided the hosting, the VB/PP/RP/Classified etc. You guys even contributed hacks !

Quote:
we can not support other people's hacks there is really no way to list those hacks here.
You don't have to support the hacks. Just provide the space again for them to be listed with the proviso that PP and company provides NO support/warranty AT ALL. Then enforce that, don't answer questions, don't post help, etc. no matter how much people whine
mlucek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 06:03 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
That fact is, PPDev IS/WAS affiliated with you guys whether you believed it or not. MP provided the hosting, the VB/PP/RP/Classified etc. You guys even contributed hacks !
See this is the issue here that is the largest problem as it is all an assumption. Even if I hosted the site etc it does not mean it is affiliated with photopost.com at all.

If you are really really trying to get a hack that was on that closed site you would need to contact that site's administrator.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #6
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

PPDev is open for the time being; although my involvement has always been limited (and a source of some criticism). I wish I had the time to develop PP products, code mods, help with support and help customers customize each of their installations - just never seems to be enough hours in a day to do everything.

PPDev has alot of people who would like help and very few developers - but there is a decent source of mods on the site. Figuring out how to offer that as a resource without alienating our customers because it's not an active forum is something that has eluded me since I parked it for people to use.

I don't have the time to make an index of the mods, but should someone want to take the task upon themselves others would probably greatly appreciate it.
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #7
Mathiau

Send a message via ICQ to Mathiau Send a message via MSN to Mathiau
WHat would be involved in making an index exactly ? i have some free time now and then and it hink it would be great to have a nice site people could go to to @ least try to get some help on hacks - or even make them them selves - i mean look how big VB.org got and alot of people there are people who just came along and learned how to code :d
Mathiau is offline   Reply With Quote