PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:33 AM   #1
pulse
Verified Customer

PhotoPost Pre Sales Questions

Since my last venture in which I needed Classifieds script didn't materialize so I did not order it. However, I am convinved that PhotoPost is the best software for my new project.

However, I have a few questions before I order it :

1. I want to be able to display random imaged from specified categories on a non-photopost page (Wordpress Page which would be on the same database and can do a phpinclude).

I know it is simply a matter of doing a select querry and snapping a small php code which I think I would be able to do myself. However, I just wanted to know if there is already a hack / mod / instructions to do it?

2. Different Media Server : I had read somewhere that Photopost has the ability to store media files on different un-metered servers. Is it true?

3. Watermarking. I know it is there but just want to confirm.

4. Category Condition : Is it possible to include ads specific to a category. I.e. is it possible to have in the tamplate a condition like if($catid=x) { show this ad } ?

5. PayPal : Since I am gonna pay via paypal and I had contacted Michael about it. He had said that you just send an equivalent amount to orders@photopost.com and it will be processed. Are you folks still accepting it?

Thanks!
pulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:56 AM   #2
pulse
Verified Customer

Another question : How does it integrate with vBulletin? I mean the cookie method or it shares the tables?

What I want to do is : I have my vB on one domain and the site where I want to use Photopost on an addon domain. However, they both share the database.

In coppermine, they would need to be on the same domain i.e. it is the cookie method and there isn't a way that the software can be on another site and still authenticate the users and allow them to upload or send eCards (to a friend).

Is it possible with PhotoPost to do it? I mean, I really don't want them to be automatically logged in but do authenticate them when they upload the files or send the stuff to their friends.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:24 AM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. I want to be able to display random imaged from specified categories on a non-photopost page (Wordpress Page which would be on the same database and can do a phpinclude).

http://www.photopostdev.com has some thumbnailer includes/hacks you can use for non photopost pages

2. Different Media Server : I had read somewhere that Photopost has the ability to store media files on different un-metered servers. Is it true?

The files need to be on the same server since we are dealing with server paths

3. Watermarking. I know it is there but just want to confirm.

Yes on the fly watermarking and permanent are part of the features

4. Category Condition : Is it possible to include ads specific to a category. I.e. is it possible to have in the tamplate a condition like if($catid=x) { show this ad } ?

?? we are talking photopost here right not classifieds? anyway any hacking questions can be posted on the hack site as the sky is the limit you can do anything you can dream up

5. PayPal : Since I am gonna pay via paypal and I had contacted Michael about it. He had said that you just send an equivalent amount to orders@photopost.com and it will be processed. Are you folks still accepting it?

I would contact sales@photopost.com as any paypal orders are done on a case by case basis

6. We we integrate with vb cookies and stylesheet/header. Thus just like any other program you can authenticate to a database if your allowed to use external connections however you will not be cookied in automatically. This is not a limitation or issue with the software. This is a limitation on cookies or sessions. You must be on the same domain for a cookie or session to be valid. There is no way to create a cookie for a domain your not on.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:56 AM   #4
pulse
Verified Customer

Quote:
You must be on the same domain for a cookie or session to be valid. There is no way to create a cookie for a domain your not on.
I am not really asking them to be remained logged in but they can re-login to be authenticated
Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:42 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay well this depends on your server setup

The server your forum is hosted on would need to allow external mysql connections. Some hosts allow this some dont. You would need to contact them

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote