PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #21
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

If you use the script I made to import your vb users yes the userid's should be the same and yes the steps outlined above seem to be the same as what I have posted elsewhere and linked for you.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #22
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I see you posted while I was formulating a response. Yes you must use a fully new vb with no special groups or if want you can create those vb groups with the same id number as the ones in photopost and just remove the code in the import script that renumbers the user's usergroup and let the import script import that groupid in its normal format. Remember the script I wrote is designed to import into a clean vb format which has no custom usergroups so this is your issue.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #23
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Yes you must use a fully new vb with no special groups
I did that. Only the usergroups that are part of the standard install of a fresh vb 3.68 have been there.

Quote:
... or if want you can create those vb groups with the same id number as the ones in photopost and just remove the code in the import script that renumbers the user's usergroup...
How do I do this?

Quote:
Remember the script I wrote is designed to import into a clean vb format which has no custom usergroups so this is your issue.
There have been no custom usergroups in this fresh vb install. Only the UG, that are part of a clean install by default. And I think this is the problem. It seem I really have to delete/change first the standard vb usergroups or their ID.

Do you know how to do that?
snoopy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:39 AM   #24
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

o.k., I looked into the code of your script.

In "import.php" I see in the second half this code. I guess this is where I have to add something to reflect the PP usergroups and their IDs. So over the next 2 hours I will do the following:

1. I will add some lines in the code of the import script below (the part I marked in bold is according the UG-ID numbers I posted earlier in this thread).

2. I will then again make a fresh install, create additional usergroups within vb (to have something to import to for the code addition in bold), check again their UG-ID and put the numbers accordingly in the lines in bold below.

3. Then I start the importscript.

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.

Theoretically, the UG-ID-Problem should then be solved, or do I oversee here something?
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:19 AM   #25
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

update:

My fresh vb368 install used slightly different usergroupids than my installation before. I changed the numbers above in bold to the following numbers:

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
I also wanted to have my PP moderators to be in vb "super-moderators".
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #26
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

update2:

my modification in the script does not work. The PP users get imported in totally different vb-usergroups, but I do not understand why. Did I hack the wrong place in the code? Did I use the wrong numbers? I took the numbers from the PP database and the vb numbers from the ACP of vb.

So where in the code of this script do I have to put the ID numbers for changing PP usergroups in the appropriate vb usergroup?
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:49 AM   #27
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Those are the usergroups vbulletin 3.68 has by definition wehn I do a fresh installation:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vb_default_usergroups_freshinstall.jpg (99.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by snoopy5; September 11th, 2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: image to small
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:33 AM   #28
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Correct there are 7 default vb usergroups and this script as explained will import your users into the usergroup 2 and the admin to usergroup 6. No script is going to import users how you want them nor can I support any changes made to my script. If you use the scripts as they are designed you will be able to integrate vb and photopost and the userid's will be correct so the issue you had with using vb impex script is gone. What you do with usergroups or what groups you make and distribute users after you finish things are of little concern to the scripts or the integration as long as the exact groups exist in both apps and you set permissions accordingly.

Your code you post above should work and those groups better exist in vb with the same id but sorry I can not support any changes you make to my script.

Old September 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #29
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

o.k.

so let's check another idea.

a) does it make a difference whether the vb forum and/or PP is in maintainence mode while I use the script or do the sync for the usergroups?

b) What happens with PP usergroups if I would use the import script as delivered by you and change afterwards the UG-ID in the PP-Database to match the UG-ID in vbulletin?

Would this crash my PP install or bring out wrong results?
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #30
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

maintenence mode? You lost me there as we dont have something like that. My script will place all users with a usergroup id of 2 except admin which is 6 you can safely update any other fields to match anywhere else. This script just imports users into vb users table.

Old September 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #31
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Quote:
maintenence mode? You lost me there as we dont have something like that.
In PP ACP I can "close" the gallery. If I do this a message is appearing for all suers that the gallery in in maintenence mode. Allthough I do all the stuff on a test-install, I have always this maintenence mode on while working on it. This is what I meant.

o.k., I will try to change the UG-ID in PP Database after the sync with vb forum and report back...
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #32
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yeah having a gallery closed has no bearing with anything you do in admin or any external scripts you run

Old September 11th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #33
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

mmmhhh I am confused now. Maybe I did install to many installations and imported to much, but it seems that the UG-ID is now teh same in both, the vb database and the pp database.

But if I click on a users profile within PP, it shows the wrong UG-name. How can this be?

Could there be something wrong with the feature in PP within ACP/usergroups "Refresh usergroups from your forum software?"

I have integration stylesheets to "off". I only wnat to use the shared userregistration, not the layout stuff.
Old September 11th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #34
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The usergroup they belong to in vbulletin must match the groupid in photopost users table and verify the groupnames are correct in photopost usergroups. Remember one step in the switch usergroups is for you to delete all photopost usergroups except admin change that to group 6 and then go to admin and resync your groups and set permissions accordingly.

Old September 11th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #35
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Quote:
The usergroup they belong to in vbulletin must match the groupid in photopost users table and verify the groupnames are correct in photopost usergroups.
I did check this. It is correct.

Quote:
Remember one step in the switch usergroups is for you to delete all photopost usergroups except admin change that to group 6 and then go to admin and resync your groups and set permissions accordingly.
I also did this everytime. But the problem persist. In both db the UG-ID is the exact same, but when I click on the suer's profile within PP, users are sometimes admins, somtimes banned etc. The suernames affectes are totally wrong in those groups.

IMHO this has nothing to do with the script, since all users are now in the database of vb. And within vb they are all in the correct group. also the UG-ID of vb are teh exact same like in PP after the delete/sync process.

So where does PP get the information, that although according to vb a user is member of usergroup A, it shows online usergroup B?

in the database of vb, one user has UG-ID 9 (which is correct) the same user in PP database has UG-ID 6 (which is wrong).

There seems to be a step in the code of PP, where it does not take 100% the information provided in the database of vb.

Wait a moment...

The UG-ID 6 in PP was formerly (before the import) the correct UG-ID for that user. It is usergrouplevel Bronze.

The UG-ID for Bronze is in vb 9, not 6. In the database of PP after the sync, is the UG-ID for Bronze also 9.

So it seems that PP does not "update" the UG-ID for each user after the sync! It just leaves the users with their old UG-ID from the time before the sync!

Hope that information helps to find the solution.
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #36
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You know if everything works then you should be fine. Try running 562 files and does everything work. You should have a bug in beta 6 maybe.

Old September 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM   #37
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Quote:
You know if everything works then you should be fine. Try running 562 files and does everything work. You should have a bug in beta 6 maybe.

I am only working with pp 562, not with beta 6 - although it is very appealing
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #38
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

update:

I overwrite all fiels now with fresh PP 562 files of a donwload of yesterday. So very recent

After that I deleted again the usergroups in PP database except admin and did the sync in ACP. But still in the db of PP the users are part of the old UG-ID.

What else could it be?

Shall I now do a fresh import into a fresh vb forum withy your script again and try the sync afterwards again?
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #39
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You can send url and sing in information to support@photopost.com

Old September 11th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #40
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

... I just sent the information...