PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old July 20th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #1
sross
Verified Customer

Question PP Classifieds question

Hi, long time pp customer here

I'm thinking about getting the classifieds system but have an issue. Currently my forum has all the classifieds in a subforum so when people post a classified it shows in the new posts list. If they didn't show in the new posts list then the classifieds area would just plain die since no one would bother going there. If pp classifieds can have new ads show in the vb3 new posts list I'm all over it, but I won't be able to use it without this functionality. Another option would be a text list of the most 5 recent ads that lives on the forums search.php page? Thanks for any info!
sross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I wrote some code that inserts a new post into a forum when someone posts a classified (in fact, it posts in a respective forum depending on which type of ad is placed); however, the code is for .threads.

I saw a post on vBulletin.Org about how to insert a post automatically, so it shouldbe possible to take my code and modify it to insert a new post into vBulletin. It's just a section of code that goes into the uploadproduct.php script. If you have some PHP experience, I'd be glad to try and help you through it so we can post the results.