PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old July 9th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #1
thedigichick
Verified Customer

Integrating an existing with V-Bulletin

I just upgraded and imported my existing database from phpbb to V-bulletin. My photopost was integrated with phpbb. Is there a thread someone might point me to with instructions for changes I need to make to my photopost to integrate properly with v-bulletin or should I purchase support help to do this for me?
thedigichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #2
thedigichick
Verified Customer

Can anyone answer?
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. You need to write a script to recheck and rewrite the new userid's for the users since they change when you import phpbb to vb

Thats the only thing needed besides changing your integration type, cookie settings and database settings to the new ones.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #4
thedigichick
Verified Customer

Is that something that Photopost is for hire to do?
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #5
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

We do offer custom programming services, yes. Actually, Chuck does these projects; you can PM him for more info.
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:27 AM   #6
RMS-Chef
Verified Customer

Send a message via AIM to RMS-Chef
I have went from phpBB2 ---> vB3 a while back.
The only issues I ran into was the #1 admin ID, everyone else's ID's reamined the same and everything else worked fine. I think if you went from vB --> phpBB that it might change everyone's ID's but from phpBB --> vB they did not.

Meaning, phpBB's defalut main admin account (the one created when installing the board) is userid=2. When you install vB, that main admin id is userid=1. Therefore, after the vB install and phpBB import, I had my main vB created ID account as userid=1 (created during install) and the imported main admin account from phpBB as userid=2.

There are a couple options at that point. The easiest I think would be to just give the imported ID=2 account full and complete superadmin rights via vB and just use that account as I am pretty sure all the existing images will match up to that account.

What I did though was I deleted the imported userid=2 account in vB then using phpMyAdmin, changed the image owner ID in the photopost database of all my images to userid=1. Someone told me the SQL commands to change every instance of "2" to "1" in the "userid" field in the "pp_photos" table and it worked great. I thought is was someone here how helped me out with that SQL command but I searched here and @ photopostdev but could not find it.

I will add that I had about 250 members with about 3000 images in photopost at the time of the switch and the change was smooth except for the main admin ID 1/2 issue which was easy enough to remedy.

Last edited by RMS-Chef; July 31st, 2005 at 11:40 AM.
RMS-Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Actually on an import from another board to VB3 the ALL USERID'S are changed. User 3 would become 2 etc etc. If there is space in between users it gets even more complicated

You need to write a script to redo the userid's in the photopost photos comments and categories table for albums to ensure everything is owned by the proper person after switching integrations.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:42 AM   #8
RMS-Chef
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatron
Actually on an import from another board to VB3 the ALL USERID'S are changed. User 3 would become 2 etc etc. If there is space in between users it gets even more complicated

You need to write a script to redo the userid's in the photopost photos comments and categories table for albums to ensure everything is owned by the proper person after switching integrations.
I don't want to say your wrong but that was not the case for me. vB install created the main Admin account as userid=1 and imported the rest retaining the ID's. Hence the second original phpBB admin account as userid=2.

As long as you import from phpBB immediately after install and no new users are created in vB, it will import starting at userid=2, which is you original phpBB main admin account, and follow down the line from there. Just speaking from my personal experience. The only issue I had was userid=1 and userid=2.

Last edited by RMS-Chef; July 31st, 2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:47 AM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay well I moved from VB about 6 months ago and that is how there importer works.

Old July 31st, 2005, 11:49 AM   #10
RMS-Chef
Verified Customer

I imagine you would run into problems if you have previously deleted accounts in phpBB. If this guy had never physically deleted a user account while running phpBB it should be smooth other than have "dupe" admin accounts as ID 1 (created during vB install) & 2 (imported from phpBB).

Last edited by RMS-Chef; July 31st, 2005 at 11:52 AM.
Old July 31st, 2005, 12:05 PM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

LOL well I did not upgrade from phpBB it was UBBThreads but yes most all forums have accounts that have been deleted etc so this issue would affect most everyone who changes integrations.

You must be a lucky one with no users being deleted so there is no remapping needed

Old August 18th, 2005, 06:16 PM   #12
JerryVbulletin

I am thinking about the same thing with the userid remapping, I've done just about every other kind of import and issue, this is one that comes up a fair bit with me.

I have contacted PhotoPost about the best way to deal with this issue in the future.
JerryVbulletin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

We already have one for this scenerio

We even wrote on for people who have a standalone photopost to buy vbulletin and import there photopost users into vbulletin

Old August 19th, 2005, 03:11 PM   #14
JerryVbulletin

Would be nice to know where it is !!

I've not come across a customer that's known about it so far.
JerryVbulletin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Its right in our support forums under importers and custom scripts