PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old June 29th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #1
Johnny Doomo
Verified Customer

Unhappy 4.86 keyword problems?

I am modifying an old version (4.86) of photopost for a site. But I had a question about the keywords in this version of pp. When you click on them, they don't seem to do a search on that keyword specifically, instead it appears almost (maybe all) images in the entire gallery appear in the results after clicking the keyword. Was this a bug in 4.86 or has this problem just surfaced for me?

Either way, does somebody know how to fix this from happening?

Please let me know. Thanks!
Johnny Doomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 06:52 AM   #2
b6gm6n

Hi..

4.86 is a fairly old version of PP, i think there might have been a bug fix or an upgrade which addressed this issue, i would recommend an upgrade if possible, or try searching the forums and over at photopostdev.com to see if anything has been posted over there.

=-T
b6gm6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:31 AM   #3
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I don't recall back that far; you would need to try and do a search to see if there is a solution posted as we no longer support that version.
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #4
Johnny Doomo
Verified Customer

On somewhat of a same note (at least for me) I installed the last 5.12 code to see what all is going on and was impressed to see the IPS system. So this would allow one to setup .htaccess files to protect full size images, but allow thumbnails, is that correct?

Also, when I did the test install to see what 5.12 had to offer, right on the final installation screen I got a bunch of errors but when I scrolled down it said installation complete and it so far seems to be working properly, is this regular? I didn't copy any of the errors (which I probably should have) but was wondering if I should try to reinstall it and see if it happens again. It probably wouldn't be wise to begin using an installation that errored out like that from the install right?

My last question is, in the announcement it was said that 5.12 or maybe it was 5.11 had a bunch or all of the code redone and gone over. After I saw some of the features of 5.12 I was thinking about getting this 4.86 version transfered to 5.12, but have done a good deal of fine tuning. Would it still be possible to look at the code of how or what I did for my 4.86 install and use somewhat or the exact code to work with 5.12 or would it likely need to be completely redone and/or rethought of how to do it?

Thanks.
Johnny Doomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #5
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes, that is what the IPS system can let you do.

Without knowing what the errors were, its hard to say what the problem might have been. If its a fresh install, I'd try reinstalling it.

Since I don't know the extent or type of modifications you are talking about, it's hard for me to say. I would think you could use them, but you may or may not have to make some changes depending on what your mods were.