PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old June 14th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #1
TheComputerGuy
Verified Customer

Send a message via ICQ to TheComputerGuy Send a message via AIM to TheComputerGuy Send a message via Yahoo to TheComputerGuy
Links on the main photos

Hi,

I am trying to find a way for my photopost to make me some cash....besides just adsense or such. Then I had an idea.

If could get pictures of say screen shots of games or whatever....and when their full image is loaded and the person clicks on their pic they are taken to a website I decide it might add the chance of more revenue brought in.

Would this be possible?

I think this could be done in RP as well.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I posted this on photopostdev, but I thought this might be the place to post first.
TheComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #2
b6gm6n

Hi..

Why not use the html annoucement category intros to their fullest and place adds or links within, you could also edit certain language elements for when a user clicks a link to a page/photo which they cannot view.

For games you could create a custom category for each and have a relavant intro for each to.

-T
b6gm6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #3
mjm
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

I only recently realized I can include img tag photos in photo text box thereby providing additional image links to pics in other categories.

Not what you were after, but you could do this to reference your products elsewhere.

- Mark
mjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #4
Rids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm
I only recently realized I can include img tag photos in photo text box thereby providing additional image links to pics in other categories.
- Mark
I'm not getting this so far (scratches head)

I urgently need to be able to show the 1024x768 image normally but beneath it I need a list of links to alternative sizes (1280x960, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, etc which can be FTP'd to a special folder) which a user can click on in order to view/download the image at that size, preferably within the showphoto framework (but not essential).

The only thing I've got to work so far is just using the BB code image tag in the text box but that just shows the image and not a link.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well you would need to hard code in showphoto a link for each specific size to look somewhere your keeping these other files and use the $bigimage variable in that code to input the filename on that tag. You would then of course have to make sure the appropriate sizes are there where your telling people they are. Pretty much just a bunch of html links it sound like is what you need

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #6
Rids

Ideally I would like to be able to do something like the image below, where the sizes point to an image of that size. I would have to be able to do this by image though as the images are not all at the same sizes, i.e. all go up as far as 1600x1200 but some go all the way up to 3200x1200, so I would have to be able to add the relevant links on a per image basis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sizelist.jpg (14.0 KB, 12 views)
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #7
Rids

Ok, I worked out how to put the different sizes in one text box as links and they then open in a new window. The benefit of doing it that way is that the list doesn't have to be the same for every image. Now on to phase two