PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2005, 04:33 AM   #1
Tigurius
Verified Customer

Photopost classifieds pre sales

Just a few questions:
Not sure as can't find too many resources on this. But is it possible to have collapsed subforums?

For example

Main Category
--Sub category
---Sub category 2
Main Category 2
--sub3
---sub3
And i can choose if i want either just the main categories to be shown

As well is it possible to have by default all classifieds come with 0 picture uploads. If a user wants to purchase for say $2 they can upload a picture of the item they are selling. (And if possible an extra $X ammount per picture they want to add)
Tigurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2005, 06:17 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

Parent categories can collapse or expand there children categories

By default you can enable per category a price to pay to upload an ad or if no price is specified to post an ad to that category is free

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:55 PM   #3
Tigurius
Verified Customer

so its pay by category? I can't have a special feature such as Pay per picture upload or pay for highlights/bold? i found another classified system 68classified.com it has some of the features i mention but photopost still seems to be the best of the two. Its just the features that is stopping me right now from getting either.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:33 AM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

We don't have a pay per picture, but we do have a pay for bold/italic/highlighted and those can be set on a per category basis.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:27 PM   #5
Tigurius
Verified Customer

hmmm, well then thats useful. Thanks
One more question now out of curiosity. Can you charge for picture uploads? So free for no picture or $1 and add as many pictures as you want?
Old May 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #6
Nurofreeze
Verified Customer

I just purchased the classifieds software and paying for additional pictures is a very important feature for me. I'm hoping that once I get my e-mail to gain access to the software and member forums I will be able to get someone to create a mod for me.
Nurofreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #7
Tigurius
Verified Customer

nuro: let me know what happens with that.
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #8
Basil
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
We don't have a pay per picture, but we do have a pay for bold/italic/highlighted and those can be set on a per category basis.
I am considering Photopost Classifieds for my British Car Forum, but still debating with myself. I will say that it looks like a pretty good solution. I would add that some method to have additional charges for pictures (maybe one picture included for the basic ad price and a surcharge for each additional picture) would be a great feature.

Cheers,
Basil
http://www.Britishcarforum.com
Basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:39 PM   #9
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

For a car site, we've sold more than $1 million worth of Viper and accessories though our PhotoPost Classifieds. In fact, I wrote Classifieds just for ViperAlley and it became a product only after enough people noticed it and hounded me about releasing it.

Old May 28th, 2005, 01:06 AM   #10
Tigurius
Verified Customer

o that was you you invented it? good job but imho to make it a stand alone product it would really need to have those added features. I mean its something that can make itself a top of the line product. Just those few simple features that it really really needs. Until then my next project is on hold until either this would be implemented, 3rd party hack for it comes out or I go with that other forum and hope they create the features they are missing that photopost has. If I could i'd do the mod my self but just no time to actualy create something like that on my own.
Old May 28th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #11
Basil
Verified Customer

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
For a car site, we've sold more than $1 million worth of Viper and accessories though our PhotoPost Classifieds. In fact, I wrote Classifieds just for ViperAlley and it became a product only after enough people noticed it and hounded me about releasing it.

Ok, I bought PhotoPost Classifieds! (I'm the guy in Edgewood). I hope it doesn't take long to get the download instructions as I REALLy want to get it set up this weekend.

Basil (Cy)
Basil is offline   Reply With Quote