PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.07 average. Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #41
stephster17

I have just followed all the steps above, and it seems that everything has tranferre ok, until I go in to view my gallery and there is no thumbnails and no images...everything is there except it has a box that says "no thumbnail available" and when you click to see the medium image there is just the red x. I have gone through the cleanup steps, and when I rebuild the medium images they get deleted...it says "cannot find abc.jpg" and drops it from the database. I am assuming what has happened is the image files have not transferred properly and are not saved in my PhotoPost directory...is there a way to manually move them over from Coppermine to PhotoPost in an ftp program?? Or is there some other solution to this problem?

Here is the link to my PhotoPost gallery: My Photo Gallery - Main Index

The categories/albums didn't transfer quite right either, but I can fix that easily enough once I have images!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
stephster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #42
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I would suggest you recheck the config on the importer and see that you have your coppermine and photopost data directories correctly input there.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #43
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

As far as categories turn off your category cache and do the clean up work described in the instructions you will be fine.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #44
stephster17

If my paths are not right I don't have a clue how to get the right ones, but it seems right to me, all the other information transfers over, just not the actual image files. It says they are there, on the main page it says how many photos there are and how much space is being used, so I am totally confused.

How do I turn off the category cache? The first cleanup step goes fine, it is when I rebuild the medium images, it gets rid of all the photos...although I guess they weren't actually there to begin with anyways!

I'm getting a headache
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #45
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Your paths can not be correct.

Your PhotoPost path to data directory is in your global options.

EXAMPLE

/var/www/html/PhotoPost/data

so coppermine might look something like this

/var/www/html/coppermine/albums

Old November 16th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #46
stephster17

Thank you so much for your help!! I got it now!! Now I just need to fix up the categories!
Old November 16th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #47
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

My Photo Gallery - Main Index

Yep if everything is correct you should not have any issues.

Old November 17th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #48
stephster17

Thanks for your help Chuck! I'm sorry if I am not posting this in the right area, but I am still having a couple of problems. First, there are no user profiles. I've gone in and filled in all the profile info on my own profile, and when I try to view it, it just takes me to a blank page. My other problem is that the comments all transferred over fine, but it is showing 0 posts for all users in the admin area. And Top Posters on main page is showing photo counts not comment counts.

*Edited to add:

I setup a test account
username: test
pass: testing

I added profile information in and there is nothing showing. There is no links to statistics, etc. at the left either, absolutely a blank page except for links at top.

And new comments made are added to the users posts (shows in user info under avatar when they post, as well as in admin) but it is the old comments that were transferred from the Coppermine gallery that are not showing. Example one user had posted over 200 comments in Coppermine gallery, posted 2 comments tonight and is showing only 2 comments, rather than adding those 2 comments to previous ones.

Last edited by stephster17; November 17th, 2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old November 17th, 2008, 07:33 AM   #49
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

My Photo Gallery - Member Profile

I would reupload all photopost files except the config files install or upgrade files. Either your member.php file or one of the templates is corrupt.

Old November 17th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #50
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There is no function in the standalone to rebuild a post count for users. You can do a rebuild for counts for the system not users.

Now looking at the coppermine importer it was not written to import any user post field.

Old November 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #51
stephster17

oh thank you Chuck!!! We have profiles now!!!

And thanks for the info on the post counts, I can stop driving myself crazy now at least! LOL! Thanks so much for all your help, I think we're good to go now!
Old November 17th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #52
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

have a good evening glad to help out.

Old January 5th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #53
Gorgias
Verified Customer

Hello!

I'm going to migrate from SMF + Coppermine to vBulletin + PhotoPost 6.2. I did several tests and the importer works correctly

But I have two problems. One of them is because the system to undo the watermark image in Coppermine don't works. But I have the originals images, so I would like import from Coppermine to PhotoPost the original images, that have the "orig_" prefix. I tried, but I can't. So my first question is: how can I change the import script to add the prefix so the script import the images without the watermark?

My second question. After my tests, I have a forum with vB (all correct: users, PM, posts, threads, etc...), and a gallery with PhotoPost (all images). But, the images in the gallery are changed. I'll try to explain with an example: user with id 89 have several images in the original system, but in the new system, these images are associated with other user. And the user with id 89, haven't images. This situation is present with a lot users and images. I tried several times to solve it, but it was impossible. I used userfix.php, but it doesn't works.

Maybe I did the steps incorrectly:
- I have SMF + Coppermine
- I install vB and PhotoPost, and I join together.
- I import from SMF to vB.
- I import from Coppermine to PhotoPost.

And I have the problems. I tried others combinations, and I have read a lot in the forum, but the result was the same always. Now, I haven't the test forum, but if you need it, I'll install them and give you an admin account.

I hope you can help me

Thanks in advanced.
Gorgias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #54
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. You can try altering the coppermine importer this line

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
change to this

Code:
2. if you importered smf to vb it changes userid's so you need to possibly run this on the gallery after you finish the coppermine import

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1107165-post1.html

Old January 13th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #55
Gorgias
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
1. You can try altering the coppermine importer this line

Code:
change to this

Code:
It works perfectly. Thank you

Quote:
2. if you importered smf to vb it changes userid's so you need to possibly run this on the gallery after you finish the coppermine import

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1107165-post1.html
I used userfix.php in my previous tests, but I always have the same problem. The steps which I did are these:

- I have SMF + Coppermine
- I install vB and PhotoPost, and I join together.
- I import from SMF to vB.
- I import from Coppermine to PhotoPost.
- I run userfix.php

But several users exchange their id. I had run userfix.php before to scan the PhotoPost database, but it isn't solved.

The importer problem is solved, so I think I must to write in the thread Reassign userid's when switching integrations to VBulletin.

Thanks in advanced.
Gorgias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #56
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The script you meantion grabs a users userid from vbulletin based on their username so the userfix script is indeed working correctly. It has to if you have correctly imported your smf users into vb. Now of course this also depends on your coppermine being correctly installed with smf because for the userfix script to grab a users userid to update your photos comments based on their username that actual username needs to exist in your vbulletin from the smf imported usernames.

Old January 27th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #57
NewLeaX
Verified Customer

Hello

I'm going to migrate from Coppermine to Photopost and I'm not native English speaker. I'm Russian.
So I have a lot of questions.

1. First of all, I've seen that your script has Russian language file. Is it utf-8 code or cp1251? What Russian code it is written in, because... you know, they're different.

2. Then... I have a very large gallery on Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.12 (stable) version. Is this ok for this version of Coppermine Importer? Will it be ok to covert 10700 files?

3. I have not clearly understand the instruction how to do the migration.
Well, first of all... my present gallery is now at the same directory where I'm going to have it on photopost script.

So do I need clear the directory first? And then put their bold Photopost script? And then... where should be my coppermine gallery? On my computer? On some other ftp directory?

I mean... I see that you suggest to write 2 paths - one to photopost and another to coppermine to connect them, but I can't get what would be better in such situation.

4. So... the second point:
"Run the importer through your web browser and fill in all required info and paths for both programs"
Does it mean that I nead to open this file like this if I'd have my gallery in subdomain?

_http://www.gallery.myphotopost.com/coppermine.cnf.php
NewLeaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #58
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. It is russian win 1251 it looks to like

2. you should be able to import fine

3. You need to have coppermine installed. You need to have Photopost installed. So the same directory is not going to work. You then run the importer and fill in the required information and it should work fine. The paths needed are to the coppermine albums directory and photopost data directory and are server paths that is needed to grab the files and copy them to photopost.

4. my photo post photopost share at myphotopost.com

Old January 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #59
NewLeaX
Verified Customer

Oh thank you Chuck S for a quick answer))
Now I am quite sure that I should try to make this because everything seems clear enough.
NewLeaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #60
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes pretty straight forward in what the importer asks for database info and a server path to grab files thats it.