PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old May 4th, 2005, 06:51 AM   #1
pulse
Verified Customer

Why Can't I post ads in Demo :-/

When I go step 2 (both here and photopostdev), I see no option in the drop down menu -

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
So, How do I experience how to post an ad
pulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

http://www.photopostdev.com/classifieds/index.php has been updated; I'm working on updating the Classifieds Demo as well.

Sorry for the oversight.
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:25 AM   #3
pulse
Verified Customer

No Probs and thanks for the quick answer!
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:30 AM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

We recently switched to a load balanced set of servers for photopost.com and I need to get access to the additional server before I can upgrade the photopost.com site to the latest version. That should be later today.
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:38 AM   #5
pulse
Verified Customer

BTW another question that I've been trying to find an answer to - By any means, do you accept payments via paypal?

Though not a big issue but I still had some balance in it
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:46 AM   #6
pulse
Verified Customer

Rather than start a new thread about it, I thought that I'd ask it here only -

1. Is it possible to make that zip code feature optional or required only for certain categories.

2. Is there any hack avaiable which would make the categories in two columns rather than one?

Thanks!
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #7
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

No, we don't accept PayPal - this is because of their policies which are unfriendly for vendors who sell items via the Internet. Unless you actually ship a product, PayPal can be a real bear to work with.

1. Currently the zip code feature is a global setting, although you can make it so the zip code is entered optionally (this is a slight template modification as you would remove the javascript that checks for a nonblank zipcode field). We are considering expanding the integration to include category specific features for future versions.

2. Not that I am aware of, but I would be willing to work with you on seeing how to do this. It would be a template modification, so if we came up with a design I could look at how to implement it.
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #8
pulse
Verified Customer

Thanks a lot! I am seriously considering purchasing the script and would get back as soon as I've made the decision (or if I need any other clarification )
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #9
pulse
Verified Customer

While evaluating the script, a few more questions popped up -

1. Can a category be hybrid of both Auction Type ads and Fixed price ads? And, is there a way to further filter that category for only Fixed Price or Auction Type ads?

2. Is there an option for Dutch Auctions i.e. the lowest bidder wins the auction?

Regards
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #10
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

1) Yes, if you allow auctions a user has the option of electing to post their ad as an auction or as a straight sale - this is not set by the admin.
2) Not at this time, there is no dutch auction functionality.
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:21 AM   #11
pulse
Verified Customer

One final question

Is ther any facility to search within the custom fields?

TBH, I want to run a Jobs Classifieds Site with the script and it may be helpful for us to offer a Search by Location (location would be perhaps a custom field) facitily. Is there any possibility of having this feature?

Also, is it possible to have certain usergroups over-ride the cost of posting an ad in the section?

Last edited by pulse; May 12th, 2005 at 02:25 AM.
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #12
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

The search works on the 6 additional text fields; yes. So if your users put in a location in one of those fields, then users could search for that location.

Price of ads is set on a per category basis; so to change the pricing based on usergroups would require some modification of the PHP code.
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #13
pulse
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
The search works on the 6 additional text fields; yes. So if your users put in a location in one of those fields, then users could search for that location.
I tried to do this kind of search on PhotoPostDev site but it didn't work out for me.

Say, I want something like this -

A person has put NYC in his location. Now, How does a person specify to search NYC only in the location field in the Classifieds Search page?
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:24 PM   #14
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

By the default all searchs look at the extra fields; so simply typing NYC as part of the search will search the location field in addition to the other fields. The search isn't specific to one field, but rather all of the fields.