PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old April 28th, 2005, 06:18 AM   #1
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

Couple Pre-Purchase PhotoPost Questions...

I am wanting to fully integrate the Classifieds with my vBulletin forums, which I have heard the two work very well together. I have it setup so that the members get a free account with forum access on register, and can purchase a annual subscription if they feel the need. I would like to set it up so the usergroup that is upgraded (paying) can post unlimited ads to the classifieds section, while the basic members can also post ads, but it charges them a small fee each time to do so, like EBay. Does PhotoPost Classifieds make it easy to do this or am I going to need some serious coding to get this to work?

Secondly, is it setup so that you can allow the members posting an ad to choose between how long they want the ad to be posted for? Say like options for 3, 5, 7, or 10 days?

Last question is this, I am trying to make a very clean transistion through all parts of my site. Using the same header image is doing this pretty well, so I am curious as to wether or not it would be possible to have the classifieds with the same header image as my main site and vBulletin? I dont want anything else from vBulletin to show on there, like members online or anything, just the header that the rest of my site has in common.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to purchasing this script for my members
CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Well, we don't seperate the payment of ads by usergroup; we set payment by category. To exclude some groups from the payment would be some simple code like: if ( user in group) $payments = 0; kind of thing. Not much work at all.

Ads can be posted for 3, 7, 10, 15, 30, 60 or 90 days.

http://www.photopostdev.com/classifieds/index.php is an example of an integrated vB3 forum with Classifieds. You can also view the user submitted sites in our Sites In Action area. Classifieds uses the same headers/footers and styles as your vB3 site - so even your skins will be picked up and used by Classifieds.
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #3
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

What templates would I have to edit to make it so if a user is in a certain usergroup they do not have to pay to post? And vice versa, if they are just a registered member they have to pay whatever to post.

Would it be possible to change the amount of days they could choose from? I would like to make it so an ad can only be posted for like 3, 5, 7, or 10 days.
CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

If you purchased the product, drop the request in the How Do I....? forum so we can post specifics about files and code in there.