PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old April 15th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #1
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

Is this using PhotoPost?

I am trying to find someone to make it so my members can each have like a sub page on the site. Viper Alley does Exactly what I am looking for, displaying each member in a table then when you click on them they have a sub page where you can click on photos the member has uploaded, read information about them, etc.

Is this using PhotoPost Pro? If so is it easy to get it to setup that way or did they do some serious custom scripting to get it like that?
CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #2
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

sorry forgot to link it

http://www.viperalley.com/viperinfo/index.php
Old April 15th, 2005, 07:39 PM   #3
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

That's an Owners Gallery I wrote custom for my site; it's not a part of PhotoPost, sorry.
Old April 16th, 2005, 04:00 AM   #4
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

Oh that is your website? I have been searching everywhere looking for a script that will do that. Is there anyway you would be willing to sell that script? I am almost desperate in my search for a script like that. I was excited because I thought that was PhotoPost Pro lol.
Old April 16th, 2005, 07:46 AM   #5
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes, ViperAlley.Com is my website, but the script is written specific for that site and not really in a condition to be sold. vBulletin has a product called vBGarage that might be better suited to your needs - try www.vbulletin.org and look in the Major Additions area for vBG.
Old April 16th, 2005, 02:00 PM   #6
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

I just checked it out and it seems that vBGarage displays all the information for users on the actual forum. I am looking to run something like your site where it does use the VBulletin database but to the normal user it appears to be independent of the forums and runs on a seperate page. Do you know if vBGarage is easily customizable enough for me to get it to do this? I have asked numerous people as well as going on rentacoder.com and all my price quotes were in the upper hundreds of dollars for a script like this. It does not seem to be all that complicated though. I would attempt to write it myself however I know almost nothing about database structure.
Old April 16th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I can tell you in the upper hundreds of dollars for someone to code you a script that would not be sold to the masses is the norm. We do custom coding and charge around $70.00 an hour and you can see if would easily take many many hours of coding and testing to do something like Michael did on his site.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:37 PM   #8
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

As I said, my script is very dependent on my site - it links peoples cars to items in my Reviews section (run by ReviewPost) and the threads in the forums are linked to users cars in their posts. Its not designed to work with vB and would require a bit of reworking.
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:36 AM   #9
SaN-DeeP
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
Yes, ViperAlley.Com is my website, but the script is written specific for that site and not really in a condition to be sold. vBulletin has a product called vBGarage that might be better suited to your needs - try www.vbulletin.org and look in the Major Additions area for vBG.
Is there a modification which integrates VbGarage with Photopost ?
or is this kind of modification working somewhere ?

I am very much interested in having this installed.

Regards,
SaN-DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #10
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I'm not very familiar with vBGarage, so I don't know the answer to that. There is a forum dedicated to vBGarage on the vbulletin.org site and there might be more information in there.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #11
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

I dont like vBGarage because its totally on the forums. I am trying to design it so that my site and forums look to be run seperately but have the same data as the backbone for them both. Thats why I liked the way your script was setup Michael, it looked independent of forums but the same member accounts were used. I just wish I could find a script free or for sale that was already like this. I cant afford 500$ to hire someone to write a new one.
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #12
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Sorry I can't be more helpful; like I said the system I have in place wasn't designed to be used anywhere else and has alot of hardcoded things in it as well as nonstandard mods to some of the other applications it integrates with (including .threads, so won't work with vB).
Old April 21st, 2005, 11:30 PM   #13
CrimsonGT
Verified Customer

Not a problem, I understand exactly what your talking about. Do you do custom scripting and if so how long would it take you to rewrite something like that? Would someone with a very vague knowledge of PHP/MySQL be able to script it (of course it would take me about 50 hours) with enough time on their hands?
Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:55 AM   #14
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

To be honest, I don't know. I wrote that over a year ago (I think) and I haven't touched it since. There was more to the system that isn't displayed and as I said it also involved changes to other components (like ReviewPost). It's unlikely I'd have the time to work on this anytime soon, I've got alot on my plate right now.

I also don't have an admin section to this, I do anything I have to manually (other than edit/delete); so changing from a hardcoded system to one that is flexible and has an admin wouldn't be a simple task.