PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old March 26th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #1
BumpStop
Verified Customer

Approve Photos AND Descriptions + other ?'s

Hi,

I've been searching for software for a long time and this one comes close, but I think it lacks a key feature, approving photos AND their descriptions.

Photopost has the photo approval system, but I'd rather approve the entire post; the photo, the description, and keywords, etc.

I-Rater.com software is just a picture rating system, but admins can modify anything the user submits, then the user gets a confirmation once approved. Admins can download the pictures, crop, change and upload. Does Photopost do that?

Questions I need answered.

1. Can Admins approve the entire post? Can admins modify anything of the post, including photos?
2. Once approved, do users get and custom confirmation email?
3. Is there a built in mechanism where I can charge for more than 1 photo upload or charge for more space? I would like to do 1 for free, all others extra.

Thanks,
Garrett

Last edited by BumpStop; March 26th, 2005 at 07:23 PM.
BumpStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 04:55 AM   #2
b6gm6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpStop
1. Can Admins approve the entire post? Can admins modify anything of the post, including photos?
Admins can of course approve a post, either a photo upload or a comment, they can also modify any imputed data, comments/photos etc

Quote:
2. Once approved, do users get and custom confirmation email?
Yes emails are sent out for approval notices and deletions and category moves.

Quote:
3. Is there a built in mechanism where I can charge for more than 1 photo upload or charge for more space? I would like to do 1 for free, all others extra.
If you integrate PP with vbulletin or Invision board you can use the forum 'subscription' service which works with usergroups and as such would give those who have paid a subscription access to certain areas of the forum/photopost and or increased limits etc, but photopost at present does not have an internal system for payments

-T
b6gm6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #3
BumpStop
Verified Customer

Thanks for your responses.

"Admins can of course approve a post, either a photo upload or a comment, they can also modify any imputed data, comments/photos etc"

I must have missed this in the admin demo. Where is this feature? I can only find approve photos.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #4
mjm
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Well, once the photo has been approved you can edit the users photo and edit any portion of the commentary etc

Mark
mjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #5
BumpStop
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm
Well, once the photo has been approved you can edit the users photo and edit any portion of the commentary etc

Mark
Thanks MJM,

Where is that in the admin demo? I don't see anywhere where you can edit everything.

Still, I don't think this will suffice. I want my users to submit a post, (photo, title, keywords, description) and I want to review it all before I approve. Also, if the user goes in and changes their description, I need to again approve it before it posts.

Sounds like Photopost doesn't allow this and all changes can happen after the fact that is approved and the admin wouldn't know. Correct?

Garrett

Last edited by BumpStop; March 27th, 2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old March 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM   #6
mjm
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Sorry I haven't checked out the demo. I'm just referring to my own application.
Admin can easily manage every component of a users input after the photo has been approved.
The only thing I can't do yet is create albums for users.
I have to wait until the user has created them before I can modify them.
Otherwise you have all the management tools you'll need.

Mark
Old March 27th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #7
mjm
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

You mean just like you edited your post as I was writing? LOL

I believe you can moderate the users input before it get uploaded, and you do get the contents in your email notification.

However I don't use moderation that extensively which BTW can be set as per usergroup.
In this regard I can't imagine you'd need anything more then what PhotoPost offers, but I'll let others chime in here.

Mark

Quote:
Still, I don't think this will suffice. I want my users to submit a post, (photo, title, keywords, description) and I want to review it all before I approve. Also, if the user goes in and changes their description, I need to again approve it before it posts.

Sounds like Photopost doesn't allow this and all changes can happen after the fact that is approved and the admin wouldn't know. Correct?

Garrett
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #8
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

If a user changes their photo information and you have moderation enabled, then the photo is placed back into the approve queue for re-evaluation.