PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old March 23rd, 2005, 03:53 AM   #1
rbl
Verified Customer

Send a message via AIM to rbl Send a message via MSN to rbl
Can I please be contacted by someone in charge?

I would like to be contacted by Scott or someone in charge capable of solving my lack of access to the members area.
I've sent 2 or 3 pms to Michael P complaining about it and asking to forward the matter to someone capable of solving it.
A month gone by and I'm still waiting for an answer!!!

I'm very upset and I would like to see this matter solved ASAP!!

Ricardo
rbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2005, 05:18 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Ricardo

I am sorry for your wait but please note contacting someone by PM is not an official request for help by this company. It's kinda like posting a support request in general forum where support is not provided as its a chit chat forum. We cant provide a timely response.

I have just tried your access and it works just fine for me in both Mozilla and IE. You need to be very careful when doing cut and paste as your probally pasting some white spacing as I know alot of people do that. There is also an issue if you have cache'd in your browser a bad login if you use the save login feature on your browser.

If this is the case clear the password field in IE or Mozilla and clear the cache and cookies on the browser

Your members access expired on January 28th 2005 so that would need to be renewed if your trying to download Photopost 5.0

If you continue to have issues let me know but the issue would seem to be related to your personal computer cache.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2005, 05:33 AM   #3
rbl
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck!
Even support requests posted elsewhere are moved to the proper place a couple of days later or whatever times it takes for you to see them. I'm not in a hurry nor was I when I contacted Michael by pm. I just upset because I think that it's an abuse.
C'mon! One month?!?! I think it's rude not to answer pms but I can understand busy people being one myself but it's not like I'm asking for his favorite color! I'm a customer with a problem. Even if the official policy would been put to work, I should at least get a message stating "please use channel x to solve this issue".

I have 2 PP licenses. I can access the members area with the one still valid (haven't tried the other) but I can't download the last version, and that's the problem to be precise, not lack of access but being unable to download PP.

Thanks for your help!
Old March 23rd, 2005, 05:56 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Ricardo

I understand your issue but I was merely pointing out technically you never contacted anyone about this issue if you want to get right down to it. Personally PM'ing the developer is not necessarily the correct or direct way to get any support or issue resolved.

Come on the number of emails I get in any given day I have PM's in my box that I dont even know how they got there. Then take the fact you as a user can elect not to be emailed when PM's get posted to your box so you can see where I am going with this. Michael may truly not even know he has a PM. I can guarantee that if you would have emailed support@photopost.com or posted a thread on this that you most likely would be been responded to same day.

Well I come up with one license for you at 35mm.org and your access works but your access to download expired when I stated above in January.

Now if there is a license under another name etc maybe you can give me that info but that is what I am seeing.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:01 AM   #5
rbl
Verified Customer

Both licenses were set to 35mm.org.
Chuck, can you search by name? If you can, search for Lamego. I'm not sure but I believe Scott registered the second license under the name Richard Lamego or Ricard Lamego and never fixed it.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:10 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yep searching the domain brought up 3 licenses 2 Photopost and 1 Reviewpost

Your original license download access expired and the later two expire May 11th

I just downloaded fine as you and have sent you your access's to the email on file

Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:25 AM   #7
rbl
Verified Customer

Thanks Chuck! I believe that email address is outdated. Is it lamego at mac dot com? If it is, it's no longer valid. Can you please resend them to rbl at 35mm dot org? Thanks =)
Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:31 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well no way of automatically doing that as I am support not sales but I sent a personal note to your new email with them

Old March 23rd, 2005, 07:46 AM   #9
rbl
Verified Customer

Got it, thanks! Just confirmed the data and it's the same thing I have.
Managed to download it with Firefox. It fails on all other browsers.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 08:09 AM   #10
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I get a ton of PMs and rarely have the opportunity to read them all; nor do I have any involvement in licensing. I've considered turning off PMs entirely for myself, but there are times when I need information from people to help them with support.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, its just a bandwidth issue; your PMs are probably back on page 6 somewhere in my PM list.