PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old March 8th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #1
dollman
Verified Customer

The Photopost Search Function

Hi guys;

I'm about to buy my third license and have a question about the search function;

My latest album, 4.7j has a search page with quite a few options. However, it doesn't really seem to work.

If I type in one word, it does OK, but 2 or more words and it returns zippo. I've even tried typing in the exact title, case sensitive, of a picture and nothing gets returned. http://www.thedollpage2.com/photopost/index.php

Now I have read a lot of posts here in the forums and have seen some fixes, but they allways seem to be something along the line of "Replace line 155 with this: " and I have no idea how to do that kind of thing.

I saw that improvements have been made to the new 5.0 version. My question is; does it work stand alone, or will I need to hire a programmer to make fixes to it before it's usable?

Thanks!
dollman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

The changes you've seen discussed often have to do with making it work a particular way. Such as using an AND or OR condition; to accomidate this we've added the ability for the user to select which condition they want to use.

PP5 is an excellent update as you'll see from the posts in the forums. I would highly recommend it as the new features will complement any site.
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #3
dollman
Verified Customer

Thanks

Thanks Michael!

BTW, did you notice the modification I had done where users can delete multiple pictures at once? My users love it! These ladies upload a million pictures and complained that deleting them one at a time was a pain.

Thanks for the great program and support!

Steve
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I didn't see that, have a link?
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #5
dollman
Verified Customer

Oops, sorry,

I had a programmer put a checkbox with every thumbnail, then add a 'delete selected pictures' button at the bottom of the gallery page.

The checkbox and button are visible to all, but only work for the person who owns the album. (as long as they are logged on).

If you select 'display' 24 pics per page, you can delete that many at a time. I've been thinking about adding a 'select all' button also.

here's one persons album as an example:

http://www.thedollpage2.com/photopos...assword=&page=

Steve