PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old February 26th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #1
direland
Verified Customer

Classifieds and vB3 usergroup permissions

Hello,

I am trying to set up paid subscriptions on my site. I allow all registered users to post ads, but paid subscribers also will be allowed to use bold, highlight, italics. I would also like to give subscribers more space to upload images. I don't see an option in Classifieds to set total MB of picture space, only restrictions on the size of single images uploaded. In vB3 I can set limits on the amount of attachments a user can upload based on their usergroup. Since Classifieds vB3 integration uses the usergroups from vB3, do these restrictions carry over to their Classifieds account? If not, is there any other way to limit the amount of uploads for certain groups? Any other "perks" you can assign for subscribing members other than bold, italic, and highlight?

Thanks for the help!
direland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2005, 07:44 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You can import all your vb3 usergroups into Classifieds. However you need to set Classifieds permissions and stuff up. We have our own filesize settings etc.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #3
direland
Verified Customer

I found the filesize settings. However, this sets limitations for a single photo upload. Is there any way to limit the total amount of space a user has for all photos combined from all the ads they post? From what I can find on these forums, this is an option with Photopost, but I can't see how to do it with Classifieds. What I want to do is give them the ability to post as many ads as they want, but limit their total space for photos to say 5-10 MB. If this is not an option, is there a quick hack for Classifieds to do it the way it is done in Photopost?
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:44 PM   #4
direland
Verified Customer

Anyone know how to limit total space for photos in Classifieds like you can in Photopost??
Old February 28th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

That would be to a modification to the main package since we dont limit ads by total image space used.

All code modification discussions can be discussed here http://www.photopostdev.com

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote