PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old January 31st, 2005, 08:55 PM   #1
phoenix
Verified Customer

Question can I share same MySQL database name with PP and VB3?

When integrating pp with VB3, do I need to create a new MySQL database name for pp, or can I use the same MySQL database that VB3 is using and just add a pp_ prefix to the install of pp?

TIA
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:11 PM   #2
izan
Verified Customer

Yes, you can. That's how I have mine set up anyway. My vB3 and PPC are on the same mySQL database. I have it so there's no prefix for vB3 and PPC is using a prefix of photopost_ (off the top of my head I think that's it) though you can use whatever you like for a prefix so long as they are different.

The PPC manual says:

2.) Database Configuration

If you're using PhotoPost Classifieds with an existing forum, you can either use the MySQL database that you're presently using for your forum for both PhotoPost Classifieds and your forum, or you can create a separate database for PhotoPost Classifieds in either case, your forum user database will still be used by PhotoPost Classifieds to allow one centralized registration and login system). If you choose to, or if you are using PhotoPost Classifieds by itself, create a MySQL database for PhotoPost Classifieds and record the database name and the username and password needed to access it. Be sure to consult http://www.mysql.com and your web host if you have questions about installing MySQL or setting up a MySQL database.

If you plan to use PhotoPost Classifieds with an existing forum, we recommend that you backup your database before proceeding. PhotoPost Classifieds is designed to work with the "stock"/unaltered versions of the various supported forums, not hacked versions. Most hacks should not affect PhotoPost Classifieds use of your forum database tables, but backing up is the safest way to go.
izan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:51 PM   #3
phoenix
Verified Customer

thanks for that confirmation, I'm just trying to troubleshoot a cookie problem. I'm getting this error when logging out. : An error occurred while attempting to log you out.
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote