PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old January 5th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #1
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Looking for opinion on new idea - Category Pages

On my personal site I have alot of categories - mostly family photos and such. But, using the gallery layout option, my page was getting pretty big - you'd have to scroll down two or three pages to see everything.

So, I got to thinking, what if I could seperate out these into "pages". I know Steve once asked about this a while back, but I never really came up with a concept until now.

http://www.michaelpierce.com/gallery/index.php?page=6

The Admin Options have a setting "how many top levels do you want to display per page" and if you leave it at 0, PhotoPost works the same. If you input something else than that determines how many top levels per page are displayed - in my case I'm displaying just 1.

I've been mucking around with some settings - like showing Members Gallery always on page 1 if people have view permissions (same with Most Recent, etc).

Anyhoo, I'm still messing around with it (in case it looks funny when you are checking it out); but I think there is some potential with this feature.

Opinions?
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I've been playing around with it some more and changed the page #'s to titles of the top level category on the page. Titles work for one level per page, but not so well if you have more than one per page.
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #3
b6gm6n

works well, but something doesn't quite sit well with me using the links across the top, maybe a dropdown? extra space across that top bar could be used for an extra whatever... anyways, yeah does the trick.

-T
b6gm6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:59 AM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I considered a sidebar index as well, but I think this will shake out as it gets some use. There might be several ways to show the index that would appeal to more, but this seems like a good starting point.