PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM   #21
bluechris
Verified Customer

Guys any luck on this? I am in the same boat here.... and i am also desperate to do this.... any help will be great appreciated.

The point is that there are a lot of people that run sites with phpbb and smartor's album and need help in that to move to vbulletin and photopost. Also i believe that a guy with good knowledge can do this script but for me is out of my strength. I tried but i run in constant troubles.
bluechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:48 AM   #22
SolPal
Verified Customer

I'm interested in this too I 500+ images with 1000+ comments I would like to import
SolPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:35 AM   #23
topmedic
Verified Customer

I was in the same boat as you guys months ago. I am glad I did not wait and manually moved 1300 images from my Smartor Photo Album. There's a bulk upload in Photopost that can upload photos and you assign them to a particular user. It's a pain, yes, and an importer would have been nice but from the response I got when I first inquired, I don't think an importer for Smartor will be available anytime soon. If it's any consolation, I have not regretted moving to Photopost.
topmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 01:28 PM   #24
SolPal
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmedic View Post
I was in the same boat as you guys months ago. I am glad I did not wait and manually moved 1300 images from my Smartor Photo Album. There's a bulk upload in Photopost that can upload photos and you assign them to a particular user. It's a pain, yes, and an importer would have been nice but from the response I got when I first inquired, I don't think an importer for Smartor will be available anytime soon. If it's any consolation, I have not regretted moving to Photopost.

How about the comments and the ratings?
SolPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM   #25
topmedic
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolPal View Post
How about the comments and the ratings?
You have to move everything manually, even titles and descriptions. And with Smartor's funky way of renaming the files on upload, I had to download all the images so I can associate the titles. It made it more difficult for me since about half of my images are medical/pathologic slides. I don't have that many comments so I did not bother to move them (move here means copy and paste ). Ditto with ratings, no. of views, etc. Thank God, that's over. If only I can write a converter but my field is not computer-related.
topmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #26
amagab
Verified Customer

I really want this import script as well. It seems to have been done before as I found this in the archive:

http://www.photopost.com/forum/archi.../t-117177.html

But I haven't been able to reach that person. I'm sold on PhotoPost but only if I can import my images and comments from Smartor.

Please, someone give us a solution.

Thanks!
amagab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #27
Piercer

I am at the same problem - need to convert Smartor's gallery to vBulletin vBadvanced Gallery. Will anyone help me please! I have more than 1.000 piercing pics and they are all down ((
Piercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #28
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You can attempt to use that script but it is unsupported by our company since it was not written by us or released by us

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117901

There is no official supported script released by our company

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #29
amagab
Verified Customer

I will pay someone who is able to make this script (mentioned in previous post) work for the latest version of vBGallery. I have over 1500 images and a ton of comments that I want to migrate to vBGallery. As I said, I'll pay you if you can help me with the migration.

Thanks!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:52 AM   #30
internetbrother

The only way I can buy photopost is to have a reliable convertor
and for months I am watching this topic
internetbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #31
EthalFer

Did you anytime get the photos imported. I'm in the aforementioned baiter and accept e-mailed omegatron.

Old August 26th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #32
amagab
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthalFer View Post
Did you anytime get the photos imported. I'm in the aforementioned baiter and accept e-mailed omegatron.

I ended up paying someone $500 to have it migrated. Unfortunately, I didn't get any script or anything as the guy did it on his own. But then the guy screwed me on another project so I'm not going to refer you to him.