PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old December 24th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #1
arkans

Question mass classified ads posting/different user rights

Hi, I'm thinking about buying PhotoPost Classifieds but I wonder about different ways of postings ads.

I want this:

Individuals will pay $2 to post one single ad.
Dealers will pay $99 to post unlimited ads for 1 year.

All payments vis Paypal.

Is it possible to do this with different users groups?

Thanks for your answer. I'm sure many people would be interested with that feature.

Last edited by arkans; December 30th, 2004 at 04:42 PM. Reason: correcting myself
arkans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #2
theguardianangel
Verified Customer

I am attempting to do the nearly the same thing as you, but need to setup a free ad listing for individuals 'Private Ads' and a paid for 'Trade Ads' listing.

What I'm attempting to do (once I've got a few of my configuration issues sorted out) is I'm installing Classifieds in twice i.e....

mydomain/classifieds
mydomain/tradeads

So that's 1 versions in each folder. I don't think there should be a licence issue over this as they are both on the same domain, just in 2 different folders. I have already done this and they both work individually, as yet I haven't got this all running live as I'm just getting mine set up.

I loaded the first version using the default database prefix of pp_ and the second copy in a different folder I altered this to trade_

So far there has doesn't appear to be any conflicts between them.
theguardianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2004, 05:06 PM   #3
arkans

Thanks for your answer.

But one question, if you have 2 databases, how to mix the ads from both?

Still, I guess I'll have to do something like like that. Ads would be free or non-free, but I would only grant access to free ads to those who have paid me 99 dollars, cancelling their access after one year. Some manual work...

But how to prevent those dealers that I want to pay from posting free ads? I need differents user levels. On a phpBB forum, you can set different user rights, like user and moderator , could it do it?

Let me imagine:

To post an ad, one has to register. Once registered, one has 2 choices. To post one ad, then it's 2 dollars, he pays and here he goes. But if one wants to post several ads, it's 99 dollars. One pays, and one gets a page telling that his request is being processed. Time for me to get an e-mail from Paypal, seeing the payment, and then I would have to elevate that new member to the moderator status, where he can post as many ads as he want, until I remove him that right, one year after.

Ther's got to be a way...
arkans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #4
Pro Jules

Sheesh! I just raised an old thread from the dead!

I wonder if ever this ability to have a mixture of charging bands was ever organised?

I am using VB 3.5.6

Its 2007 and apes are not running the planet....yet

Thanks
Pro Jules is offline   Reply With Quote