Now available for download from the Members Area
is the final release for PhotoPost 4.8.5. There are some significant changes to this version which means you should read this entire document before you start the upgrade process.
You can read a summary of the changes for 4.8.5 in this thread
Follow the normal installation instructions; vB users should note that the header-inc.php file has changed and been seperated into two files: header-inc.php and config-int.php. In the install instructions you are instructed to edit the header-inc.php file, but in this version you would edit the config-int.php file instead. There is no need to edit the header-inc.php file.
1) Before you upload any files, login to your Admin section and from the Admin... Options.... page, close your gallery for the upgrade process. If you have not done a backup, now would be a good time. I also recommend you backup your scripts that you plan to overwrite.
2) Virtually all of the files for this release have been updated - the first step will be to upload all of the file except
for config-inc.php. Also upload:
2) From the upgrades directory, upload the script upgrade482.php (if you have an earlier version, you may need to upload other upgrade scripts) to your main PhotoPost directory. Run the upgrade482.php script to perform the upgrade.
3) If you are using a vB integration, you will need to edit the config-int.php file (notice the "t" and not the "c" - this is for config-integration) and set your paths and integration configuration options. You can edit this file manually or adjust it later in the Admin... Edit Integrations... page.
4) Login to your Admin... Edit Config page and confirm the settings and hit Submit. This will rewrite the new config-inc.php which has much fewer configuration options than before (most of these have been moved to the database).
5) Remove any upgrade scripts you uploaded and open your site.
You should now be up and running.
The config-inc.php script has been changed to remove items to put them into the database. Please read the instructions above carefully and do not upload the new config-inc.php until after you have run the upgrade482.php script - this is because the values to be placed into the database need to come from your old config-inc.php first.
Please take note of the changes that effect the header-inc.php file; we've redone this file to eliminate any need to edit this file and moved the configuration items to a seperate file called config-int.php
. We've done this so that other integration files can use this same file and not require you to reenter this information for each integration.
You will also notice two new files:
These scripts, in combination with the config-int.php file, will allow you to integrate PhotoPost features into your vB forums. Consult this thread
for instructions on how to add one or both to your vB Forum Index.
A good example site of an integrated forum with PhotoPost features is PhotoPostDev.Com
For more information about using vB3 Enhanced features, please consult this thread
for more information.
Estimated time for upgrade: 15-20 minutes.