PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old December 16th, 2004, 03:17 PM   #1
alzy

Lightbulb Siteframe like capabilities

Does Photo Post has the ability of having users create photo albums with multiple photos and have the ability of assigning each photo to a different category like animals, portraits and so on. Siteframe can do that but it has a few problem.
Good thing about it is though one can select photos from categories they want and users can create albums with multiple categories.
Here are some examples you can look at:
http://www.contaximages.com
http://www.photo-armenia.com

The other issue was I didn't see where to create albums or upload photos!
alzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

http://www.photopostdev.com/photopost/index.php - feel free to signup over there and try out the features.

Your users can create albums and assign them to categories if you allow them to. They can assign a single image to multiple categories without having duplicates stored on the server. There is a Members Gallery the highlights all the users photos and their albums.

I think this covers what you were asking - there is alot of flexibility for the users to manage their own albums and place them within your gallery.
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #3
alzy

How do users create album and upload photos. i am sorry, this might be a stupid question but I didn't see how and where when i went to:
http://www.photopost.com/photopost/s...rs.php?cat=500
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

If your logged in you should have an upload photos link in the menubar.

To create personal albums there will also on the left of the menubar be a album admin link where you can administer your albums or create some

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #5
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Well, when you are signed in there is a menu item "Album Admin" at the top of the page - thats where you can create albums. Also on the menu line is Upload Photos, where you can upload your photos.

I recommend using the photopostdev link as its the current release version.
Old December 16th, 2004, 05:21 PM   #6
alzy

1. where is the list of categories? for example if i want to search through photos in portraits category, where can i find it?
2. Can i create a master galleris and have users create sub galleries?
3. is Viper Alley that you show on your site a standard theme template?
Old December 16th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #7
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

1. I'm not sure I am following you - the "categories" are the areas listed on the main page.
2. You create the Main categories in the Admin section of PhotoPost and your users create albums which they can "assign" to the Main categories.
3. ViperAlley is mostly a stock PhotoPost, but I have done some custom modifications which rotate thumbnails and use a slanted "frame".
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #8
alzy

the only category i see in http://www.photopost.com/photopost/index.php
is the Member Galleries under "Categories", then there is "PhotoPost Community" followed by "PC Hardware " and "Multiplayer Gaming" and so on.
Are all of these considered categories where people can create albums and upload photos?
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #9
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I keep trying to point you to:

http://www.photopostdev.com/photopost/index.php

as a great example of our jsut release 4.8.5 version.

But, to answer your questions, the categories are the ones you listed. Users can attach their albums to those categories.

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/sh...ry.php/cat/504

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see an attached Album that I created, uploaded my images to and attached to the RT10 category.
Old December 17th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #10
alzy

what i noticed when i was trying it is that i can upload photos and put them in different categories but if i want to see the collection of photos that i have uploaded, the pictures are not in one album, they are all over the place not under one album but with different categories. in other word i can either put them in the album i created or put them under a category which has nothing to do with my album.
am i losing something or am i right?

let's say on regular paper photo albums that everyone puts pictures in. it is their personal album, they might have different categories such as travel, school and so on, but the album is theirs. they don't put their school years photos in a public school album. i hope i am clear as to what i mean.
i do give you credit. photo post is really great. i guess i haven't learned everything in it yet.
thanks for the response.
Old December 17th, 2004, 11:25 PM   #11
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

If you click on my ViperAlley link above, you'll see that I have several albums in my gallery. Those photos are specific to my albums. I have "attached" some of my albums to main categories so people can easily find them when viewing similiar photos in the main galleries.