PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.14 average. Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #1
SmackDaddy

Question Burning Board integration....

I have searched the forums and read all the FAQ I had access to as a non-licensed person.....

I am a Burning Board forum user and would love to know if there are any plans to integrate Photopost or Reviewpost with it? Of if someone knows of a third party integration solution.

I am very, very interested in purchasing a license to ReviewPost for my PC community website.....but will be transitioning away from phpBB to wBB as I prefer wBB forums. I know there are "bbwrapper" scripts done by some places (one is from Esselbach's StoryTeller CMS) which integrate one script with another....but wasn't sure if you all had a solution for yours. Esselbach's bbwrapper can be found here: link to bbwrapper which could possibly help someone make one maybe if there isn't one?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Last edited by SmackDaddy; December 15th, 2004 at 11:35 PM.
SmackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

This is the first I have ever heard of that board. We always look to expand our product reach but at this time I can not say we would be offering a solution to extend our reach to that board.

We do offer custom development services at the rate of $70/hr for people looking to integrate our products into those not supported.

The BBwrapper would not help you for what your looking for. An integration module would need to be written exclusively so Reviewpost would authenticate and work with Burning Board

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2004, 04:01 AM   #3
SmackDaddy

The first you've heard of wBB? Interesting.

Well...a couple of things.....

-- Can Reviewpost work on it's own or does it require forum software to integrate with to work? (i.e. people replying with comments to reviews made) .... if it requires forum software to integrate with, then I'll say my goodbyes now and will look for another script.

-- And....I'm not sure if my Cable ISP (Earthlink) IP range is blocked, but out of four PC's at home, I cannot access any of your domains, nor can I ping your domain's IP address. There's *no* DNS resolution to your domains. I haven't ruled out an DNS issue with my ISP, but I was curious as to whether or not you ban IP addresses from your domains via .htaccess or other means? (i.e. for attempted hacks, people breaking forum rules, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
Old December 17th, 2004, 07:23 AM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

ReviewPost does have its own registration/user system that does not require a forum for integration.

I'm not aware of blocked IPs - even if we did block them you would still get DNS resolved since thats a DNS server issue, not our server. I've had issues with people on Earthlink access some of my own sites before, think it was some kind of cookie issue.
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #5
SmackDaddy

Have there been any plans to add wBB integration or is this going to continue to be a custom development service at $70/hr? If so, then maybe there's anyone out there who can do it cheaper? (send me a PM please if there is....thanks.)
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

We have never heard of Burning Board before now as its a European product and a small market. There are no current plans to buy that forum and write an integration module at this specific point in time.

I can tell you depending on the level of work needed in the past custom integrations have totaled between 175-280 bucks depending on the level of work needed to acheive this.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:38 AM   #7
SmackDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatron
We have never heard of Burning Board before now as its a European product and a small market. There are no current plans to buy that forum and write an integration module at this specific point in time.

I can tell you depending on the level of work needed in the past custom integrations have totaled between 175-280 bucks depending on the level of work needed to acheive this.
Okay....so what would you suggest then at this point if I were interested in ReviewPost....as I am looking at a couple different solutions for placing "reviews" on my website....would you suggest holding off until the money can be afforded for the custom work of paying for the integration? Or do you think it would be feasible to be able to order now, use it, and then integrate it down the line, providing anyone who posts comments and such, uses the same user names and passwords for both ReviewPost and the BurningBoard forum?
Old February 25th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

That is totally up to you honestly.

Usually when a user wants something custom like this that would fall under custom development.

I would suggest if you really want reviewpost to wait for your ability to pay for a custom module. What I would do is email me at chuck@photopost.com so we can work on getting a more accurate quote for you. The range as stated all depends on the amount of work needed to integrate things. If burning board only needs user authentication and no style integration then you would most likely be on the low end of things.

It is not recommended to use Reviewpost as an internal install if you intend to switch later as it would be hard to match userid's later and require extra custom work to realign users.