PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old December 14th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #1
shelbyforums
Verified Customer

Members Area Access

Members Area Access
It is getting a little frustrating dealing with your member area access to download updated versions. I have 2 licenses for PhotoPost Pro, 1 Classifieds and 1 Reviews. Why can't you list these all in one area? Right now I am logged into the Classifieds area and need to get to the PP Pro area to download 4.8.2. It seems the only way to do this is to clear my cookies and re-login to the PP member area. You should have a logout button to clear the cookie for me because as it is right now, it (https://www.photopost.com/members/members.pl) keeps sending me back to the Classifieds license and download page. You should make a page where your customers can toggle between the products. Maybe one member page where you can choose Reviews, PP Pro or Classifieds? If you can spend the time to do all those great modifications to ViperAlley then you should spend a little time to make the PhotoPost/Reviewpost/Classifieds site more user friendly. Just my .02.
RS
shelbyforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #2
ScottW
PhotoPost CEO

Unfortunately there's no way to add a logout button to clear the authentication login - the browser just doesn't reliably support that, I've checked. Right now, the best way to switch from logging in under a PhotoPost license to logging in under a PhotoPost Classifieds license is simply to close your IE browser windows and relaunch IE - you should not need to clear cookies.
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 06:09 PM   #3
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Since we use htaccess for user access, the browser controls the passwords. It's not a cookie setting - its the browser reautheticating the same user that had prior access. Shutting down and restarting the browser is the only way to reset that behavior.
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #4
shelbyforums
Verified Customer

Ok, that's what I will do. Thanks,
RS
shelbyforums is offline   Reply With Quote