PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM   #1
iphoto
Verified Customer

Angry Is this the support you give for Paid software???

I am wondering if this is the level and quality of support you are providing for a "paid" software.

Most of the posts/queries I had asked are planely unanswered for weeks and by chance if some one bothers to answer one of it, it will be done with very limited and incomplete information which might not be useful for resolving the problem!!!

Will any one from PP team answer this at least!?
iphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:10 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
Will any one from PP team answer this at least!?
Yes. The General forum isn't monitored as actively as the Installs and Support forum - as a "General Discussion" forum, this is more of a conversation forum than a support forum. As you can see from our list, we have alot of forum that have very active participation from our support staff.

I see that you've posted several times and many of your questions were answered promptly and professionally.
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:47 AM   #3
cheechfxsti
Verified Customer

I tried emailing PP, but kept getting errors, so I have no choice but to go through here. I have a problem and I have not asked my question in the support forum, because it involves a "hack". Let me tell my story first. After I bought and paid for the installation of VB, I wanted to have "Random" images on the forum page for members. I was then recommended to Photopost to help me with my request. Great! I then went to the PP website, and clicked on all the thumbnails, and thought, this is what I want!. So I purchased PP, and also paid for installation. Within a day or so I received an email from Chuck telling me that PP was installed, and if I had any questions to let him know. Very nice guy! After finding out that PP did not integrate a Gallery on my Forum page I emailed Chuck back, and he quickly responded with:

Michael

This would be the hack you are wanting to do to your VB forums

http://www.photopostdev.com/showthread.php?t=153

It is not hard to do

Chuck

Okay, I thought that since I was a paying customer that I would get more "Customer Service" than just a link. But, since Chuck said it was easy, I figured "no problem"! Well, it's been about 2 1/2 weeks, non-stop, that I have been trying to install this "Hack". Stupid me! I paid for the installation of VB, and PP, and actually believed I could do this "easy Hack". Let me tell you that website is a "Ghost town"! The level of support over there "blows"! So tonite I went to the PP website and tried to ask for help, but the "Contact Us" option would not put my email thru. So as a last resort I emailed Chuck and told him of my problem, and asked him "how" to get in touch with someone at PP about my problem, "will PP install it for me", "if not will you"? He responded "Very quickly"!!! This is his email:

Michael

Photopostdev.com is in no way associated with our product or the photopost company. That site is totally independent.

Photopost support does not provide assistance with hacks to our software. We support unaltered code. Alot of customers get this confused thinking a function of Photopost support is to help them alter the coding.

That hack is pretty simple to install

Chuck

Okay, so after sending me to a site for a hack, and knowing that I am "incapable" of installing the hack, I am told that PP doesn't offer support or the hack. He did not answer me about installation, but "did" go further to try and help me out, "if you let me know an error your having I may be able to point you in the right direction". So after a few emails he did help me out, and got me further than I had been, but still no end result. It was pretty late at that point, and I assumed Chuck went to bed. I can understand that! But what I could not understand was that I knew Chuck could have probably installed the hack for me 1 1/2 weeks ago, if he just took the time to. Probably would have taken him 10 minutes, since he did the PP install anyway! Thats what is so frustrating. I could "not" understand why he just couldn't do it then, for a "paying" customer. Where is the "Customer Service"? So I decided since I was not gonna hear back from Chuck tonite, that I would read over the forums and see what I could figure out. After reading for an hour, I have come to understand that Chuck "won't" help me because "Photopost does not support hacks"!!!!!! It wasn't because Chuck didn't want to help me, it was because he wasn't allowed to! I know he has the knowledge to help me with my needs, but cannot due to PP. So now I have spent alot of money with PP, and they will not help me out. I think this was what Iphoto was refering to about "Level of Quality & Support". I am so very frustrated and disappointed that a company that took my money, would not see to it that I was taken care of, "no matter what"! I even offered "more" money just to get it done! I am very disappointed in PP, but want to say thank you to "Chuck"!!!
Mike
cheechfxsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes you are right Chuck did go to bed. By the way you should have answers to your last email.

Photopost as a company has gone way above and beyond any level of support it has to and has provided A+ support.

1. Yes we installed your software promptly on 11-26-04
2. You emailed me asking about a hack and I referred you to the hack site on that very single day 11-26-04 with a timely email.
3. Yesterday you email me so a full week and a half go by and I pointed your in the right direction to install your hack and answer your emails as you stated you had troubles installing the hack.

Yes Photopost does not support someone hacking there install or code or as in the case of the hack your using altering your Vbulletin software. It is a basic concept every software company follows so I can not understand people's issues with this. Vbulletin.com will not answer hack questions. They refer you to Vbulletin.org which is a hack site for that software. No software company supports code hacking for a simple reason. If a customer comes to us for support how do we know the error is not from the hacks and they usually are.

I appreciate you thanking me as I do try to go above and beyond answering customers questions but I consider this type of post above a little slap in the face. Especially when I just heard from you last night for the first time in a week and a half and have answered your questions.

Paid software gets you the features of the paid software that we state on the features page which is what you recieved. If your looking at adding to the software a functionality that does not exist by default is always in the form of altering code or hacks and support is provided by the hack author not the company that provides the normal software distribution

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by Chuck S; December 8th, 2004 at 03:23 AM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2004, 06:18 AM   #5
cheechfxsti
Verified Customer

Again, Thank You Chuck!
cheechfxsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:33 PM   #6
cpmike
Verified Customer

I think the support is OK. I had a few problems there all fixed, and quick
cpmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #7
NSXTC
Verified Customer

Send a message via ICQ to NSXTC Send a message via AIM to NSXTC Send a message via Yahoo to NSXTC
I will throw in my 2 cents regarding support by this company.

I own 3 photopost licenses and 1 classified license, and have been a member here since April 2002. I have had numerous questions relative to technical support and have always been treated exactly like I would expect to be treated, being a paying customer. Scott, Michael and Chuck are excellent at what they do. The popularity of 2 of my sites is due solely to photopost and the PP crew.

Thanks guys.
NSXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:56 AM   #8
b6gm6n

cheechfxsti, that was a bloody long post...which sums up as, you got what you paid for, product, support..all top notch but screamed like a banchie when you couldn't install a hack for PP yourself...well, ask me or anyone else over at PPdev.com... simple, you were just frustrated i can understand that. anyways, that aside i've had nothing but great support and good advice concerning PP.. well worth every penny IMO.

-T
b6gm6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #9
SaN-DeeP
Verified Customer

Talking

Offtopic but omegatron = Chuck ?
omegatron was friendly and helpful for my queries, though i had been lil rude to him

Good Support.

Regards,
SaN-DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:34 PM   #10
NSXTC
Verified Customer

Send a message via ICQ to NSXTC Send a message via AIM to NSXTC Send a message via Yahoo to NSXTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaN-DeeP
Offtopic but omegatron = Chuck ?
omegatron was friendly and helpful for my queries, though i had been lil rude to him

Good Support.

Regards,
Yes, omegatron = chuck.

One of the most helpful people i've ever met
NSXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 08:28 AM   #11
dutchbb
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXTC
I will throw in my 2 cents regarding support by this company.

I own 3 photopost licenses and 1 classified license, and have been a member here since April 2002. I have had numerous questions relative to technical support and have always been treated exactly like I would expect to be treated, being a paying customer. Scott, Michael and Chuck are excellent at what they do. The popularity of 2 of my sites is due solely to photopost and the PP crew.

Thanks guys.
Totaly agree

And sorry for bumping this, just wanted to post this
dutchbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #12
mjm
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Yes! A big thanks from here!
My post count indicates the number of times I've nagged you over the years, and Carole and I want to thank you for giving us so much of your time. (If somebody else had to wait for support it's probably our fault LOL).

Seriously, I can't even comprehend the stamina it takes to contend with multiples of me's at a time.

A suggestion...
It could be helpful to a lot of folks, to create a forum similar to vB's Quick tips and customizations
This would be helpful for support too, for those repeat questions.
Some very basic tips for beginners would be a great help.
.. For example, I, (still a newbie after all these years), recently requested a bigger text box in upload/edit. I was shown how I could do it. Thanks!

Mark
mjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #13
SaN-DeeP
Verified Customer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm
A suggestion...
It could be helpful to a lot of folks, to create a forum similar to vB's Quick tips and customizations
This would be helpful for support too, for those repeat questions.
Some very basic tips for beginners would be a great help.
.. For example, I, (still a newbie after all these years), recently requested a bigger text box in upload/edit. I was shown how I could do it. Thanks!

Mark
nice suggestion mjm will better if implemented asap..
SaN-DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote